Fitting a GSA tank to A GS

Motor works are advertising one for £495

It's just a straight swap, no real pain involved, well except the eye-watering price of the GSA tank. If youre swapping internals over too you can bend the float arm slightly to correct the fuel gauge. some say its best to get a new sealing ring if youre doing this (personally ive reused them several times without issue) and careful not to strip the little threaded studs.

Any idea what needs to be done with the float arm?

I assume it won't be linear, it isn't at the moment so no biggie, (110 miles to halfway, 160 to no bars), just want it correct when running out to show the last couple of bars and the fuel light.

I've recently fitted a new pump and filter so will use the existing plate, as long as that fits properly.

They go for about 250 Quid here in top condition, but postage might be an issue. I have both, almost never use the big one. :blast

Oh and here we got options, a GSA came with a 30L ONLY, it came in Silver ONLY, Engine and drive train Silver ONLY, if you wanted heated grips you had to take it with ABS, so loads of options. :jager

They go for about 250 Quid here in top condition, but postage might be an issue. I have both, almost never use the big one. :blast

You are right, I was offered one from the US for $200, needed a bit of work but not much.

Looked into the shipping, ranged from $1000 up to $1700

I've got one now, just got to decide whether it's worth respraying it, current colour is Graphitan, new tank is silver.

I got my tanks sprayed by a mate for peanuts, but I had overspray in both give me kark in the fuel pumps. :beer:

Back
Top Bottom