UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Being PDi’d and home delivery Tuesday.
fb5c559917c577fd0a3538cabd208582.jpg

6c982dac95e9da2fb3dcc6280db77c3f.jpg

43d7d4e0f75015ea34465eb66db4a06b.jpg

3904bbcc6125cf6375ac61c68b5c1e9e.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The color reminds me of my 1st BMW...a 1987 R100GS ! 60hp,no brakes,no Tele - but already Paralever and carbs.On paper nothing to write home about but on backroads often faster and more fun than the japanese 4 cylinders we rode back then !
Do you still put the 17" wheels on and do you paint them yellow,bronze or black ? Enjoy your new bike :thumby:

The color reminds me of my 1st BMW...a 1987 R100GS ! 60hp,no brakes,no Tele - but already Paralever and carbs.On paper nothing to write home about but on backroads often faster and more fun than the japanese 4 cylinders we rode back then !
Do you still put the 17" wheels on and do you paint them yellow,bronze or black ? Enjoy your new bike :thumby:

17” wheels are away being painted Ral1023. Should be ready in 2-3 weeks.
dced43f0f4e04449e210be9664f6eec3.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That will be nice...Hopefully you have a few more sunny days to try out your new wife when she gets her high heels...;)
I'm surprised you did no go for the 20 mm taller sports suspension (only available in Rallye-white while with the 1200 only available in Rallye blue) since you'll loose 10 mm on the front do to the 17" wheel...

Congrats, that looks great. I’m looking forward to seeing it with the alloys. :thumb

Ffs good to see the pics.
I’ll be dragged to see it later this week and listen to him drone on about his alloys

We actually had a trip out in September where he was banned to talk about the colours

Health to have homer

Still don’t u derstand why BMW stick with the silver radiator cowls on all of their models... Especially on the 40th anniversary editions... Why not just change them to black as standard, they look cheap and plastic in silver IMHO...

Still don’t u derstand why BMW stick with the silver radiator cowls on all of their models... Especially on the 40th anniversary editions... Why not just change them to black as standard, they look cheap and plastic in silver IMHO...

Agreed. The same goes for the cylinder covers. Why paint them grey when the rest of the engine is black. :nenau

Doesn't anyone do after market ones ?

Agreed. The same goes for the cylinder covers. Why paint them grey when the rest of the engine is black. :nenau

It successfully breaks the colours up, complimenting the grey / silver of the brake carriers, the front fork clamps, the top yoke and bar clamps and, in this case, the rear pillion hangers and pannier rail. It also gives bods something else to paint black, which enhances their sense of ownership and makes a statement, apparently.

i powdercoated my rallye side panels black, makes all the difference.

Carbon is the future...

Back
Top Bottom