Thinking about a guzzi

uncle buck

Reaction score
I've come across a 1200 Norge 2011 that's going to a dealer. I believe it's done about 19000 miles and is in good nick. Looking for advice on how much I should pay as I can only find one on Internet. Thanks in advance.

Morning, 2011...could be the original 2 Valve engine 1200 or the new 4 valve 1200. It's easy to tell, the 2 valve has a fully alloy valve cover, the 4 valve has a partial black cover that goes over the valve cover.
The 4 valve is up on power from the 2 valve from 95bhp to 105 bhp I'm not sure about the torque figures, but BEWARE. The 4 valve 1200 had an inherent problem, it could eat the valves, the 2 valve had no such problem.
If it's the later 4 valve, personally I wouldn't touch it unless it's been 'Rollerised' (plenty of info on the internet about this)
As for value, as usual it all depends on condition, service history and how it rides. I've ridden a fair few Breva based 11 and 1200's it's amazing how different they can be. Tyres can make a big difference on Guzzi's.

Price...which is always subjective, but based on the above, could be anywhere between £2700- £4500. The Norge, although a great bike, is not one of the most sort after Guzzi's and some real bargains can be had. For a 2011 2 valve 1200 in really nice condition with comprehensive service history would be somewhere between 3-4k on a private sale. If it's nice, start the negotiations at 3 and see where it goes. Good luck.

good advice ^^^

ps Guzzi's are like Heroin , once you have had one , you need another one. they are hard to sell on , most owners have more than 1 . condition and good service history are key.

Morning, 2011...could be the original 2 Valve engine 1200 or the new 4 valve 1200. It's easy to tell, the 2 valve has a fully alloy valve cover, the 4 valve has a partial black cover that goes over the valve cover.
The 4 valve is up on power from the 2 valve from 95bhp to 105 bhp I'm not sure about the torque figures, but BEWARE. The 4 valve 1200 had an inherent problem, it could eat the valves, the 2 valve had no such problem.
If it's the later 4 valve, personally I wouldn't touch it unless it's been 'Rollerised' (plenty of info on the internet about this)
As for value, as usual it all depends on condition, service history and how it rides. I've ridden a fair few Breva based 11 and 1200's it's amazing how different they can be. Tyres can make a big difference on Guzzi's.

Price...which is always subjective, but based on the above, could be anywhere between £2700- £4500. The Norge, although a great bike, is not one of the most sort after Guzzi's and some real bargains can be had. For a 2011 2 valve 1200 in really nice condition with comprehensive service history would be somewhere between 3-4k on a private sale. If it's nice, start the negotiations at 3 and see where it goes. Good luck.

Before this date
Norge - Motor AA...12214 Build Date 18 April 2012
the 1200 4vs were flat tappet ie the ones that had the DLC coating that would flake and cause all sorts of problems in the engine

If it is a 4v make sure it has been rollerised - beware some sellers will tell you it has had the tappet recall this isnt rollerisation - if it needs to be done you will need the kit from Piaggio and the labour to have the work done

https://www.guzzitech.com/forums/th...-tappet-failure-but-were-afraid-to-ask.17282/

if it is the 2v crack on they are as solid as a solid thing, my Griso needed an oil pressure switch and a speed sensor n the 7 years I had it

It's deffo a 4 valve from what I've been told. Aware of the roller. Tappet update so will do a bit of investigation next week.

Back
Top Bottom