New 1250 with Rallye seat will not support top box...

Urban Rider

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
So I popped into my local dealers today to have a look at the new range and have to say I was a little underwhelmed... The TB is not that different to the previous iteration, the Rallye is boring but the Bumblebee looks great!! I only wish BMW would change the bloody awful silver plastic radiator cowls. They look cheap and nasty...

Anyway the reason for my post is that the GSA in the showroom had the yellow and black Rallye seat fitted to it and while looking at I realised it was different to the rear rack on my GSA.. Anyway to cut a long story short the new rack that comes as standard with the Rallye seat WILL NOT support a top box. No point in trying it does not fit as the rack is totally different. However if you have opted for heated seats (don’t know why as I’ve never suffered for a cold bum always the opposite for me) you’ll be fine as you get the normal rear rack which will support the top box... The guys at BMW didn’t know this and only realised today when they tried to fit a top box to it!!

Weren't you simply looking at the Rallye without the premium package? Not sure the seat heating option has anything to do with things either. I'm thinking you were just looking at the particular configurations on display? Perhaps I have missed something (every chance...)

Weren't you simply looking at the Rallye without the premium package? Not sure the seat heating option has anything to do with things either. I'm thinking you were just looking at the particular configurations on display? Perhaps I have missed something (every chance...)

Maybe,

But a quick google search shows photos of both the Triple Black and the Bumblebee with a different rack fitted to the Bumblebee.... This rack will not accept a top box...
I believe the Bumblebee comes with the Rallye seat as standard, if the heated seat option is not chosen then t comes with this configuration...

Attachments

• 89F005ED-118E-4336-A512-62AFC4A893C9.jpg
    89F005ED-118E-4336-A512-62AFC4A893C9.jpg
    86.4 KB · Views: 661
  • 5474124E-A853-4BC4-8BA4-6FF0584DB9DA.jpg
    5474124E-A853-4BC4-8BA4-6FF0584DB9DA.jpg
    82.4 KB · Views: 676
This the the standard seat. I have one like this ordered.

Attachments

• 82E53697-F883-4794-886F-B42A5ED38ECC.jpg
    82E53697-F883-4794-886F-B42A5ED38ECC.jpg
    218 KB · Views: 657
Yup, standard seat comes with normal rack, if you order the Rallye seat it doesn’t...

I thought there was something funny looking about the small rack with the Rallye seat. My GS has the heated comfort seats and pillion package and I will order a Rallye seat when they are available.

I have a black GSA rack which will be going on. Or a Unit Garage rack when I don’t need a topbox.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Unless you buy the TE version or select the premium package

May want to check that, the one I was looking at today was a fully TE spec’d version (the new owner was there) and he ordered it with the Rallye seat which came with the smaller rack... The dealership weren’t aware of it and once confirmed the top box wouldn’t fit agreed to swap the rack over...

May want to check that, the one I was looking at today was a fully TE spec’d version (the new owner was there) and he ordered it with the Rallye seat which came with the smaller rack... The dealership weren’t aware of it and once confirmed the top box wouldn’t fit agreed to swap the rack over...

Well, not in the market for a gsa, I'm simply going by the configurator and shows the addition of the rack if you select the TE or the premium package. But clearly not the case from what you have said.

I have a 2021 R1250 GS TE Rallye low chassis on order. It has the low Rallye seat as the default option. I have also specified left and right pannier brackets to accept the alloy boxes. All of this is now selectable on the configurator.

Do we think that this spec will come with the short rack orthelong rack. No one at my dealer has an answer for me to date.

I have a 2021 R1250 GS TE Rallye low chassis on order. It has the low Rallye seat as the default option. I have also specified left and right pannier brackets to accept the alloy boxes. All of this is now selectable on the configurator.

Do we think that this spec will come with the short rack orthelong rack. No one at my dealer has an answer for me to date.

Having seen one yesterday with that exact spec (it also had pannier racks fitted) I suspect it’ll come with the short Rallye rack....

I’m guessing that regardless of the pack you’ve spec’d up on the bike, if you order it with the Rallye seat it’ll come with the Rallye rack... Having said that this was on the 40th anniversary Bumblebee version NOT the Rallye version.

the new rack that comes as standard with the Rallye seat WILL NOT support a top box. No point in trying it does not fit as the rack is totally different.

Photos? So what does this rack actually do, if it does not support a top box?

Photos? So what does this rack actually do, if it does not support a top box?

Have a look at the photos above and you’ll see the difference... Failing that pop into your local dealer and see for yourself. No idea what it’s designed for, I wasn’t involved in its production!

Yup, standard seat comes with normal rack, if you order the Rallye seat it doesn’t...

But it appears to on GSA

d852923c666052e563fa29c5afdcd63f.jpg

A stab in the dark, but does it provide a place to strap down a roll bag or similar ?

For sure it will, but unless it is a special super duper design for a 50L rollbag that clicks in like a toobox without needing straps...

Back
Top Bottom