Cymarc Screen Theft Brace

I've seen at least 5 personal accounts on Facebook of the screens being nicked. I'll assume they aren't lying, one guy had his nicked twice in Central London.

A solution could be to etch the registration number on the screen?

Having seen your "problem" @GSMarky, and having received my brace (same as yours) last week as well, I thought I'd fit mine, just to check. So screen off, plastics off (as per instructions), decided to fit the longer bolts, so took the 4 OEM bolts out and replaced them with the ones supplied by Cymark. And that's where it went wrong for me, offered the brace up, could not get it to bolt squarely down on the face of the TFT. SO rang Mark at Cymark, who really could not have been more helpful. A few pictures swapped, a few suggestions made and the brace fitted on 3 corners - but not the fourth. Further phone calls with Mark and I said I'd pull it down yet again to find the pinch point. Which is when I found the problem - user error. What had happened was that when I took the 4 OEM bolts out to replace them with the longer bolts, the Sat Nav bracket had slipped slightly on the nearside, such that when I put them in, I put the top bolt through the hole in the bracket instead of using the proper hold just underneath it. Offered up and bolted up the bracket again - and bingo it just perfectly slotted into place on the TFT and bolted up no issue at all. So user error doh! Rang Mark up and apologised and thanked him for his assistance and help which was outstanding.

So just wondering @GSMarky whether your problem might have been similar to mine?

Picture attached now its fitted

Attachments

• IMG_3620.jpg
    IMG_3620.jpg
    81.5 KB · Views: 575
Thanks fella and good to speak with you - got there in the end eh?

And guys, honestly, these should just `fall into place` if everything is right (honest they do!). The only caveat is that in the (very rare) case someone hasn`t got `prep for satnav` then they will need some spacers (which I can provide with compliments).

Sooooooo, please don`t struggle, there`s normally a good reason why they won`t fit (it`s rare that I make anything wrong, which is a shocker being the happy drunk I am) and I`m there 24/7 to help assist 07713 789365!

Having seen your "problem" @GSMarky, and having received my brace (same as yours) last week as well, I thought I'd fit mine, just to check. So screen off, plastics off (as per instructions), decided to fit the longer bolts, so took the 4 OEM bolts out and replaced them with the ones supplied by Cymark. And that's where it went wrong for me, offered the brace up, could not get it to bolt squarely down on the face of the TFT. SO rang Mark at Cymark, who really could not have been more helpful. A few pictures swapped, a few suggestions made and the brace fitted on 3 corners - but not the fourth. Further phone calls with Mark and I said I'd pull it down yet again to find the pinch point. Which is when I found the problem - user error. What had happened was that when I took the 4 OEM bolts out to replace them with the longer bolts, the Sat Nav bracket had slipped slightly on the nearside, such that when I put them in, I put the top bolt through the hole in the bracket instead of using the proper hold just underneath it. Offered up and bolted up the bracket again - and bingo it just perfectly slotted into place on the TFT and bolted up no issue at all. So user error doh! Rang Mark up and apologised and thanked him for his assistance and help which was outstanding.

So just wondering @GSMarky whether your problem might have been similar to mine?

Picture attached now its fitted

Thank you for your post hawkeye and thought - much appreciated and I will try again as suggested with Mark to get it to line up.

Your picture is how I envisaged the brace to fit & I hope it's operator error too as it's the same bike & brace after all..

Will be back home in a couple of days to try again.

so why are these being stolen if they are vehicle specific? suggested to me today that they are v easy to steal and if they are damaged externally it doesnt matter because its the precious metals contained within which makes an easy theft profitable.....

Just seen this on face ache. £1200 to replace. Apparently held on by just 3 clips.

Attachments

• 123135865_10157195161191086_2132511518342983176_o.jpg
    123135865_10157195161191086_2132511518342983176_o.jpg
    245.9 KB · Views: 429
As was my 2011 cluster, 3 circlips on rubber mountings, reports of lots of thefts in London, mostly “I heard”, truth is I’m not sure what has been scaremongering or real threat.

no it wont

That's disappointing, presumably the TFT can be removed so gently that the tilt sensor for the alarm isn't triggered. Also surprised that disconnecting a core piece of the bike's electric system wouldn't trigger anything, seems like a basic alarm function to me.

That's disappointing, presumably the TFT can be removed so gently that the tilt sensor for the alarm isn't triggered. Also surprised that disconnecting a core piece of the bike's electric system wouldn't trigger anything, seems like a basic alarm function to me.

Disappointing yes, surprising no. I think BMW could have made more of the alarm and what it can / can't do in all honesty

Mr Hooten does your brace fit with your screen braces?

I asked Mark the exact same question before ordering a TFT security brace and was advised yes it does and it fits inside the TFT security brace fittings. So have ordered one.

I fitted mine today and have the screen bracket, the longer supplied bolts are required but goes on no issues with the bracket.

Pete

To close off my initial post in saying that I contacted Mark @ Cymarc and he has gone out of his way to resolve this for me and has manufactured a slightly differently designed brace to suit my bike.

The result is pretty much perfect & I have to say that I am very impressed with the tenacious & professional way Mark worked to ensure the brace suited my bike & we're both puzzled as to why the first one didn't fit properly.

So I now have the brace fitted along with the perspex head light protector.

New brace has the x2 slots: MkI v MkII TFT Braces by KTM Marky, on Flickr

Fitted looks like this: MkII Brace Fitted by KTM Marky, on Flickr

Back
Top Bottom