TFT Screen & Annual Service Warning Removal

MIKE R

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
It happened to me on tour last year and again today.....the big brown service warning. In both cases my bike was due an annual service but not a mileage service

I know that you can remove the big brown banner with the wonder wheel but it still leaves a yellow triangle on the dash which I find annoying.

Having more than one bike, the GSA is going on SORN at the end of this month and I intend to get it serviced next March. Given half the chance I'm out on the bike this week and I don't want that yellow triangle

Most of you might know this, but if your don't this is how to get rid of that annoying yellow triangle

1 Using the MENU BUTTONv go off the MAIN SCREEN and into the MENU

2 Using the WONDER WHEEL go to SETTINGS

3 MENU BUTTONv down to list of settings

4 WONDER WHEEL TO SYSTEM SETTINGS.........DATE AND TIME

5 WONDER WHEEL change to a date before the annual service is due

The yellow triangle will now have gone unless you ride with a BMW Sat Nav installed. If you have the bike will read the Sat Nav data and default the date back to the actual date and the triangle will return

6 In the same screen as in 5 above WONDER WHEEL to GPS SYNCHRONIZATION and make sure it is switched off.

7 Use MENU BUTTON^ to go back to the MAIN SCREEN

The offensive yellow triangle will now have gone. When you take the bike in for its service just turn the GPS SYNCHRONIZATION back on or alter the date to the correct date that day

Hope this helps someone

Mike

Well done and simple but never thought of it. Will do mine tomorrow.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Really really great post fella. I`m lucky (I`ve got a GS-911 Pro) but for all of us who haven`t that`s great, well done.

I recently had a customer/fellow biker who was quoted £85 to have his reset by a dealer as he had done his own service! Naturally I did it for him for free.

Back
Top Bottom