Gearbox replacement

Northern Monkey

Reaction score
There seems to be two trains of thought on splitting the gs - one where you start at the back and keep taking bits off and the other where everything seems to be attached as one piece.

So if I want to change my gearbox (moving from an evo adv box to a standard gs box) am I best doing the full strip from the back or leave it all connected then remove the box before reassembly ?

Cheers

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

There seems to be two trains of thought on splitting the gs - one where you start at the back and keep taking bits off and the other where everything seems to be attached as one piece.

So if I want to change my gearbox (moving from an evo adv box to a standard gs box) am I best doing the full strip from the back or leave it all connected then remove the box before reassembly ?

That is two trains of thought on changing the clutch not the gearbox

One is more commercially viable

personally I ALWAYS start from the rear andwork forward checking everything as I go

It means that you have an idea about everything in the driveline rather than something sneaking up on you on teh rebuild

Thanks

That’s what I had done before but always open to ‘new ways’

Job for the weekend, many thanks

Thanks

That’s what I had done before but always open to ‘new ways’

Job for the weekend, many thanks

Tub of rubber grease and spline lube always good to have on hand

Oh and when you click the Gear position indicator back on ?? Make sure you CLICK it home and not like the last one I did where it clicked out and I had to go and be a Gynaecologist for an Hour to sort it :D

Back
Top Bottom