Help - can you identify this clip?

hawkeye

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Help! Does anyone on here know what these clips are called (see picture) or where I might get one. Took the "strip" off that covers the top of the tank on my 2019 R1250GS Exclusive TE today to find one of these clips missing (it's clipped into the underside of the "strip" just by the petrol cap such that when the "strip" is fitted, it "push clips" over the top of the tab on the tank covering side panel to keep it all aligned and tight up by the petrol cap). Went to dealers - and this particular clip doesn't show on the microfiche!

If anyone knows what they are called, where I could get one - or even have a spare, etc - any help appreciated. TIA

Attachments

• Tank Clip.jpg
    Tank Clip.jpg
    169.8 KB · Views: 544
Unfortunately not - that's exactly the same diagram that the dealer and I looked at; Parts 4 and 5 I do have and are still in place (actually they are slightly different clips/different part numbers), the clip that isn't shown - and the one I'm missing is about where "1" shows on the diagram, next to the hole where the petrol cap fits through, and is an entirely different clip.

It looks to me like BMW have missed the clip I'm missing off the exploded parts diagram.

Thanks for your help though

Try Motorworks in Huddersfield. They're breaking GS all the time, this clip will be the same on a 1200.

Try Motorworks in Huddersfield. They're breaking GS all the time, this clip will be the same on a 1200.

Thank you!

Yes it looks like this may be my only option as after ringing around today, speaking with BMW UK and spending time at the dealers, we have come to the conclusion that this clip only comes with the panel - so getting one from a breakers may be my only option.

Rang them this morning - what really helpful people they are! Explained the problem and the gentleman who answered my call said leave it with him and he'd call me back. And so he did a short while later, he'd had a look a one they had and advised that I'd been wrongly advised; seems the clips that show as clip 4 on the parts diagram are the clips I need - the parts diagram is just poorly drawn in where it shows the clip and the type of clip shown. And he had one in stock (and gave me the part number), but suggested that I get one locally as the postage for a £1.20 clip made it more expensive.

What an absolutely top bloke and top service. So impressed, thanks @GSian for the recommendation, it was spot on and I'm now sorted.

Result! From the short time I’ve been using them I rate them highly.

Yup, bought some fasteners from them that I had trouble identifying and they were spot on. I’ll support them over the dealers every time if possible.

Back
Top Bottom