Bluetooth receiver for older hi-fi...Recommendations.

jonnie comet

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Does anyone here have any first hand experience of the bluetooth receiver things that you can plug into older hi-fis so that you can play (through said system via bluetooth) music off an iPhone/Mac/iPad/whatever ??

Seems like they simply plug into the aux or phono sockets on the hi fi or amp, plug into mains, pair with device and off you go - which sounds better than binning a perfectly good hi-fi...:thumb2

Lots around and prices are all over the place. Does anyone have a recommendations/avoids ??

Thank you....:)

I bougth one from amazon about £15 black box thing needs a usb to power it, it then asks for a wifi password jobs a carrot really simple to use...

If you can pick up a (discontinued) chromecast audio they are brilliant. They could be had brand new for £15 at one time. Now folk are looking £90 for unopened ones on ebay!

If your digital source is a Mac... I still use an Airport Express base station to send music to my old Rotel amp.
The base station has both a minijack output or a digital out (optical). I use an optical cable into a DAC and then into the amp via standard RCA cables.

Everything will be part of your existing wifi network.

You can do the same with an Apple TV. The older ones are better though.

I use one of these on the old hifi in my workshop and stream to it from my iPhone. As cheap as chips, good range and works faultlessly.

LINKY

On my main house hifi I plug my iPhone into a DAC and that, depending on source, sounds superb.

Andres

Back
Top Bottom