New bike discount

Humbucker

Reaction score
Hi,
I am in the market for a New 2021 BMW R1250GS Adventure Rallye TE with the sports exhaust, the billet packs, alarm and the heated seats for the wife.
Cost is £22080 so what sort of discount have others managed to negotiate on a new BMW.
Thanks.

I think that’s a very subjective question. Different dealers seem to be more accommodating in applying discount than others. You hold all the aces though with money to spend. I would spec the same bike up at two or three dealers and assure each that you will order from whoever offers the best price, it’s that simple. If they genuinely want your business they will make it work and you’ll come away a happy customer.

I was once told, as a rule of thumb, 7% discount on new vehicles is a good place to start. You get a good deal and don't screw the dealer too much.

I think that’s a very subjective question. Different dealers seem to be more accommodating in applying discount than others. You hold all the aces though with money to spend. I would spec the same bike up at two or three dealers and assure each that you will order from whoever offers the best price, it’s that simple. If they genuinely want your business they will make it work and you’ll come away a happy customer.

You hold no aces as a cash buyer on a made to order bike.

Hi,
I am in the market for a New 2021 BMW R1250GS Adventure Rallye TE with the sports exhaust, the billet packs, alarm and the heated seats for the wife.
Cost is £22080 so what sort of discount have others managed to negotiate on a new BMW.
Thanks.

Finance or cash?

It will be Cash.
Thanks

I recently bought a new S1000XR TE ( cash sale ) from Lloyd Motorrad Carlisle, great deal, great service, I always find them very accommodating and were the best by far when I approached three other dealers......Steve is the dealer principal and is always up front and direct.

Shinyface

You hold no aces as a cash buyer on a made to order bike.

Very tight to negotiate on new model releases, as you're in a queue. More generally, greater discounts on stock and at the end of the six-monthly 'tweak' that BMW seem so keen on for their bikes. Then there's an opportunity for 6-10%. More generally, tighter margins on bikes than cars. Compare the 1 and 2 series x35 and x40s - you could get a 20% discount on these very shortly after the release of the 135i/235i.

And I'm not sure the discounts are greater for finance than for cash, as even if there's a PCP sweetener you can sign up for this, bank the sweetener and cancel the agreement anyway.

Very tight to negotiate on new model releases, as you're in a queue. More generally, greater discounts on stock and at the end of the six-monthly 'tweak' that BMW seem so keen on for their bikes. Then there's an opportunity for 6-10%. More generally, tighter margins on bikes than cars. Compare the 1 and 2 series x35 and x40s - you could get a 20% discount on these very shortly after the release of the 135i/235i.

And I'm not sure the discounts are greater for finance than for cash, as even if there's a PCP sweetener you can sign up for this, bank the sweetener and cancel the agreement anyway.
Do you need to cancel and pay it off within the 14 days cooling off to keep the sweetner.

Sent from my SM-N976B using Tapatalk

Hi,
Thanks.

Are you in the IAM? I got a good discount through their scheme.

I don't know what your budget is and that's a thing only you could decide about. I would suggest you to do a thorough research. Ask as many dealers as you can and understand what is their offer. When I was searching for a new bike, there was a variance up to 1000$ between the dealers.

The billet pack is around 5% of your price, only you can decide if that’s good value, but it offers no function or performance improvement, and limits the pool of bikes that you might be able to negotiate a deal on.

As has been said above, dealers are much more likely to be able to help you if you’re taking a vehicle that has not been made to order, maybe one they bought for stock.

Ask around, good luck.
Simon

Back
Top Bottom