2020 KTM 1290 Superduke vs 2019 1250 GS-HP

No , I agree with Boxer , look in the mirror before you make statements like that , i have and still feel the GS is better and the points he make are correct , stop getting on the Boxer band waggon of slagging him off
But, he does sound like he struggles a bit.

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk

Would be interesting to see how many riders average over 6k rpm on a half or full days hooning with friends on their adventure bikes on tarmac.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well you do live in London , the home of commuters lol:fiddle

Just repeating the same stuff, nothing new to add, looks like a feeble wind-up :blagblah

As for being "shit" on the bike or struggling compared to pro's like Rea or Marquez we are all shit.Even Rossi is shit compared to Marquez...As for my abilities I have ridden in the fast group at trackdays for the last 20 years and still do it to hone my skills but enjoy riding the streets just as much...For the track I use/rent always the latest S1000RR which are the easiest bikes to ride fast.Pointless on the street though...And yes like the guy who traded an almost new 2020 SDR with less than 1000 miles I was shocked how bad the KTM was.I came with an open mind I thought if I like this thing I buy an almost new bike for 25% off...But that thing is basically un-rideable if you want to go GS backroad fast which blew me away after all the good press these KTM's get...Like I said the engine is very powerful (for a twin) between 7 and 10ooo rpm W.F.O. but what is the point if the front just goes up and you have to worry about getting crossed up...:eek:
Of course you can put around and go slow but what is the point having a 180hp twin...Definitely all motor and no handling/control to take advantage of all that power which blew me away...At least no I know why these KTM's are so easy to pass on the track or road on a GS...:D
KTM definitely needs to redo the who frame to make the bike stable because it is so twitchy and then not even quick steering at back-road speeds...Just go down the road and wiggle on the bars...SCARY !
And what is the point of all that power on top if all you get is raising the front and have to hang on and then you get caught by the rev limiter by a diesel low 10000 rpm limiter compared to a 4 that goes all the way to 14500 0r even 15100 like the new S1000RR making even 30 hp more and keeping the front planted by doing so getting to 125 mph a couple seconds faster...You live you learn :thumb
Yesterday was one of these learning experiences I thought I would share...;)

As for being "shit" on the bike or struggling compared to pro's like Rea or Marquez we are all shit.Even Rossi is shit compared to Marquez...As for my abilities I have ridden in the fast group at trackdays for the last 20 years and still do it to hone my skills but enjoy riding the streets just as much...For the track I use/rent always the latest S1000RR which are the easiest bikes to ride fast.;)

Do you frequent Visordown? ;-) lol

What is Visordown ? A KTM Fan-cine ?
Ride the 1290 and then the 1250GS on a twisty backroad...And than you know what I mean...:D
I'll bet even the R1250R is faster than the 1290 despite lacking Tele-Lever...:p
But the surge from 7-1000 rpm the next-gen Boxer definitely should have...:thumby:
But in a complete package where you actually can use the additional 48 hp:thumb2

As for being "shit" on the bike or struggling compared to pro's like Rea or Marquez we are all shit.Even Rossi is shit compared to Marquez...As for my abilities I have ridden in the fast group at trackdays for the last 20 years and still do it to hone my skills but enjoy riding the streets just as much...For the track I use/rent always the latest S1000RR which are the easiest bikes to ride fast.Pointless on the street though...And yes like the guy who traded an almost new 2020 SDR with less than 1000 miles I was shocked how bad the KTM was.I came with an open mind I thought if I like this thing I buy an almost new bike for 25% off...But that thing is basically un-rideable if you want to go GS backroad fast which blew me away after all the good press these KTM's get...Like I said the engine is very powerful (for a twin) between 7 and 10ooo rpm W.F.O. but what is the point if the front just goes up and you have to worry about getting crossed up...:eek:
Of course you can put around and go slow but what is the point having a 180hp twin...Definitely all motor and no handling/control to take advantage of all that power which blew me away...At least no I know why these KTM's are so easy to pass on the track or road on a GS...:D
KTM definitely needs to redo the who frame to make the bike stable because it is so twitchy and then not even quick steering at back-road speeds...Just go down the road and wiggle on the bars...SCARY !
And what is the point of all that power on top if all you get is raising the front and have to hang on and then you get caught by the rev limiter by a diesel low 10000 rpm limiter compared to a 4 that goes all the way to 14500 0r even 15100 like the new S1000RR making even 30 hp more and keeping the front planted by doing so getting to 125 mph a couple seconds faster...You live you learn :thumb
Yesterday was one of these learning experiences I thought I would share...;)

If you’re such a brilliant rider, why do you always “use/ rent” the easiest bike to ride? :nenau :comfort

Rent because I go to the California Superbike School and the easiest to ride Bike is always the one you will be the fastest on...Ride a V4 Panigale on the track and then a S1000RR with C-F wheels and much smoother power curve and you know what I'm talking about...It does not matter if Scott Redding beats Sykes on the BMW that you will do the same if you buy the Duc...:D

Worth the £12 alone

Aye. A mediocre rider giving it his best is only 1/10th of an employed test rider. Why, because both these companies employ or have contracted riders that are at the top of their game - WSBK, BSB, MotoGP, Dakar, SDI, Enduro, MX or those who have achieved it and retired.

Should I listen to a nobody, or several of them, slagging one make of motorcycle off in favour of another on a forum.

Comical.

No Tannenbaum you are comical because you obviously don't have a clue...A top rider might be able to ride shit like the MotoGP Honda he always puts on top of the podium...The same bike that puts his brother or Bradl in last place.
We are talking here about bike we amateurs buy who might be fast group trackday fast but not fast enough to make money from it like 2 handful guys in the world are able...All I tried to say how a bike that is so much faster on paper is so much slower than a GS in the real world because the handling is so bad as in unstable and twitchy and it can't even make enough of the 180 hp on tap if you open the throttle and keep it pinned in the first 4 gears...And interesting experience as only guys who are clueless will say better riders will the faster on a SDR than a GS...In a straight line yes but when the pavement get's twisty...Only in your dreams...:D
Otherwise come by and lets ride...I would beat you on a lowly 110hp aircooled 2010-13 GS with Ohlins suspenders !
I was shocked was a p.o.s. the KTM was...The engine made good power though between 7-10K rpm...Too much the bike could handle...But compared to a S1000RR it still felt tame...Everything is relative...:)

he is of course the older of the Marquez brothers...
2 riders of the same caliber would be faster on the GS ! The SDR is pointless for Road or Track...I was blown away by how shit is was and obviously how clueless some guys here are...:D
It's not the fiddle but the fiddler who makes it go fast...But a bike that is stable and gives you confidence and puts down useable power helps the fiddler to make more beautiful music...;)
Enough said !

You are missing the point.

1. The bikes go through evaluation and testing to make sure it targets the market it caters for, 1250GS and KTM SDR being at the polar opposite so it is logical to reason that either would not be the 1st choice for many riders.
2. You as a mediocre rider need to spend much more time to get used to the handling of the bike before you can extract the best from it or, how to set it up so it suits you (especially since jumping from a telelever to a conventional suspended machine).
3. I don't know what upsets me more, those who claim they are God's gift to motorcycle riding or those who deliberately spell my username incorrectly. Maybe it is because it is not English.

As you were, carry on.

"It's not the fiddle but the fiddler who makes it go fast...But a bike that is stable and gives you confidence and puts down useable power helps the fiddler to make more beautiful music...;)"

Exactly:
So you, as an average rider, find the GS easier to ride and so you are faster on it.
A more accomplished rider may well have got on better with the more advanced bike.

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk

Well you do live in London , the home of commuters lol:fiddle

Glad I gave up the commuting a few years ago. I take no joy in bikes that need revs to deliver the goods. Quite happy with the GS and generally don't get passed by... anything really. Including KTMs.

You guys make me laugh call someone a nobody or mediocre while not knowing who you talk too...Obviously you are not very experienced and or fast otherwise you would not make such clueless comments...Of course if you just want to go fast in a straight line a GS won't be a fast bike...But the art is in cornering.Here the GS excels and even more so if the roads don't have perfect pavement.I just was blown away how shit as in unstable the KTM was...:DEven in a straight line it could not use it's power...That's all.And now dream on "Reday to Race:...LOL More like Ready to Crash...My bet stands...I'll beat all you clueless losers on my on paper inferior GS...:D
The only bike faster than a GS on backroads was the R1100S...This bike was on rails no matter how hard you rode it and what you threw at it and no matter how bad the pavement...Only in a straight line the 1280SDR would beat it userwise the orange wonder would not have a chance even if Mc Williams was sitting behind the bar...
A R1250R would easily beat the KTM as long as there were more turns than straights...The ugly truth about reality and the power of advertising...:D
I had no clue myself until I got to throw my leg over one and try to run it as hard as my GS...ballistic top-end for a twin for sure.But what's the point if it does go more upwards than forward ? The rest was utter shit...:thumb
And no cry or take a shit fanboys or just a fucking hike...:D
Or get a clue that even the best rider is faster on a bike that is stable and actually puts the power down than bucks like a wild horse...Reality and percived reality are two worlds !
B.t.w. I love you Stick...:aidan

But anyways the KTM is only a one trick pony...

What is it they say about Americans not doing irony.....? :D

I'm interested to know where this twisty back road that you know well is. I know one or two myself and I'm in need of a vicarious NorCal fix.

Back
Top Bottom