2020 KTM 1290 Superduke vs 2019 1250 GS-HP

You guys make me laugh call someone a nobody or mediocre while not knowing who you talk too...Obviously you are not very experienced and or fast otherwise you would not make such clueless comments...Of course if you just want to go fast in a straight line a GS won't be a fast bike...But the art is in cornering.Here the GS excels and even more so if the roads don't have perfect pavement.I just was blown away how shit as in unstable the KTM was...:DEven in a straight line it could not use it's power...That's all.And now dream on "Reday to Race:...LOL More like Ready to Crash...My bet stands...I'll beat all you clueless losers on my on paper inferior GS...:D
The only bike faster than a GS on backroads was the R1100S...This bike was on rails no matter how hard you rode it and what you threw at it and no matter how bad the pavement...Only in a straight line the 1280SDR would beat it userwise the orange wonder would not have a chance even if Mc Williams was sitting behind the bar...
A R1250R would easily beat the KTM as long as there were more turns than straights...The ugly truth about reality and the power of advertising...:D
I had no clue myself until I got to throw my leg over one and try to run it as hard as my GS...ballistic top-end for a twin for sure.But what's the point if it does go more upwards than forward ? The rest was utter shit...:thumb
And no cry or take a shit fanboys or just a fucking hike...:D
Or get a clue that even the best rider is faster on a bike that is stable and actually puts the power down than bucks like a wild horse...Reality and percived reality are two worlds !
B.t.w. I love you Stick...:aidan

Maybe ask your nurse to review your medications before they let you out tonight.

The day a 1250 GS is faster than a 1290 SDR will be a cold day in hell

I ride regularly with a guy on a 1250 GS and in reality he is better than me because he does more miles for one thing so is always on song

When I had my 1290SDGT and we were in Spain together Along with another SDGT, A SDR, S1000XR and a 1200 GS the GSs were also rans and not by just a few yards

The SDR was always the fastest followed by the GTS and XR in some mix of order.

Having said all that I am faster on the Multi Strada 1260 than I was on the KTM because it suits me more , I am more comfortable mentally on it

You guys make me laugh call someone a nobody or mediocre while not knowing who you talk too...Obviously you are not very experienced and or fast otherwise you would not make such clueless comments...Of course if you just want to go fast in a straight line a GS won't be a fast bike...But the art is in cornering.

Lets see the credentials then ........

BTW I do onw a R1100S with a few tasty mods, it did circa 5k track miles before I retired it and is an all time favourite of mine. But having spent some time in the company of world class riders, circuit, TT, Enduro and an ex-WSBK champion I can assure you that what we know about riding a bike is very little. You on the other hand I suspect is just a loud mouth and enjoy the attention. Luckily people don't get shown the door so easily here as on Boxertrix.

The only way to compare (rider + bike) performances is to choose a circuit, participate to the 6 sessions of 20 minutes
and compare the best lap time at the end of the day.

Circuit chosen should have a max of curves, like you can find on open roads to be a good tool for comparision
of the pack (rider + bike).

The chrono doesn't lie.

The duo (rider + bike) is the basic duo on road.

Or there again, just chose and ride the bike that gives you the most fun :)

Who gives a flying fuck if it's quicker/slower in corners, shakes it's head under load, carries ten weeks worth of smelly undies, blah blah blah..............................

Andres

I could keep up (on British roads) with any of these bikes on my 94bhp Fazer FZS600.:blagblah

Or there again, just chose and ride the bike that gives you the most fun :)

Who gives a flying fuck if it's quicker/slower in corners, shakes it's head under load, carries ten weeks worth of smelly undies, blah blah blah..............................

Andres

In one. :thumb

Don't make assumptions about somebodies riding abilities or judge bikes by the spec sheets...It make you look stupid or clueless...Yes the 1290 Superduke R will leave the GS for dead in a straight line but also is left for dead by really fast bikes like a S1000RR...But also the KTM chassis is so bad that you can't even use it's full power with WFO throttle in gears 1-4 to take advantage of the 180+ hp...
But when the road turns twisty the GS leaves the KTM for dead if you are a good rider that knows how to ride and does not rely on straights to take advantage of the additional power because the KTM's handling is so bad...Bad as in very instable and twitchy without quick steering like a GS...And when bumps come there is no contest because of Telelever !
And if you don't believe it try it out yourself,be my guest or take a hike KTM fanbois and gurlz...:D
And yes the GS could use 30-40 hp more...Then even longer straights would be no problem and the bike would be stable enough to put the additional power to good use instead of turning into a bucking Bronco like the KTM...:thumby:

The tool was too sharp for you. Keep practicing with the mallet

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk

Don't make assumptions about somebodies riding abilities or judge bikes by the spec sheets...It make you look stupid or clueless...Yes the 1290 Superduke R will leave the GS for dead in a straight line but also is left for dead by really fast bikes like a S1000RR...But also the KTM chassis is so bad that you can't even use it's full power with WFO throttle in gears 1-4 to take advantage of the 180+ hp...
But when the road turns twisty the GS leaves the KTM for dead if you are a good rider that knows how to ride and does not rely on straights to take advantage of the additional power because the KTM's handling is so bad...Bad as in very instable and twitchy without quick steering like a GS...And when bumps come there is no contest because of Telelever !
And if you don't believe it try it out yourself,be my guest or take a hike KTM fanbois and gurlz...:D
And yes the GS could use 30-40 hp more...Then even longer straights would be no problem and the bike would be stable enough to put the additional power to good use instead of turning into a bucking Bronco like the KTM...:thumby:

I think you must have had a duff one or set up so badly by the previous owner because if you think that a 1250 GS in the hands of J McWilliams would be remotely keeping up then you are deluded

ANd for reference I think that the GS is probably the best allround bike that money can buy it just isnt for me and i have owned previous incarnations of the brand. I have always maintained this and is why it is the best selling bike in the world. I never ever criticise the thing other than tongue in cheek but some people cant bear the fact that for others there are better bikes so are always looking to trash the opposition rather than look at strengths and weaknesses in each.

<iframe width="1218" height="685" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/UdPtz0lw7tg" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe width="1218" height="685" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/BVxGSw7oRcA" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

To end this all right now, the most important thing is which bike is cooler? Which bike will get you a shag?? Which bike sounds the best???

Old man, pipe and slippers, ugly coont GS or sex on wheels SDR?

I rest my case m'lurd :)

Andres

To end this all right now, the most important thing is which bike is cooler? Which bike will get you a shag?? Which bike sounds the best???

Old man, pipe and slippers, ugly coont GS or sex on wheels SDR?

I rest my case m'lurd :)

Andres

And there we have it with the exception of the sexy red Italian which obviously attracts the opposite sex as a yellow Ferrari attracts squashed flies

RedRick...I was impressed by the propaganda and Ready to Race mantra too...:D
And then shocked by the let down how unstable/twitchy the bike is that can't even take use off full power except for the 2 top gears...
But at least I know why these KTM's are so easy to pass on track days...:D
And on real roads not even a threat for the 1250GS...;)
Take on out on your favorite road and roll the throttle to the stops and you know what I mean...Or wiggle the bars and try not to crash...:eek:
And yes we should meet on a twisty track that resembles a road like some CSS schools resemble and compare lap-times after 20 minutes...:thumb2 The KTM would leave the GS in the dust on the straights which is frustrating because when the sections turn twisty the GS would pass the KTM again...Nothing a 170hp M1300GS would solve...:thumby:
And one more point for these guys making assumptions based on spec sheets...I remember one video where a British Superbike Racer (forgot his name) compared both a EU-3 spec S1000XR with a EU-3 S1000RR...These 2015/16 who ever rode one on track knows that these bikes where very fast and also able to put the power down.In the end the RR was not even 1 sec faster than the 45 hp weaker and 30 kilos heavier XR...Must have been a bad rider...:D
Come to Kali and book a class and I show you how slow I am...;) But I won't ride a GS but a S1000RR...

RedRick...I was impressed by the propaganda and Ready to Race mantra too...:D
And then shocked by the let down how unstable/twitchy the bike is that can't even take use off full power except for the 2 top gears...
But at least I know why these KTM's are so easy to pass on track days...:D
And on real roads not even a threat for the 1250GS...;)
Take on out on your favorite road and roll the throttle to the stops and you know what I mean...Or wiggle the bars and try not to crash...:eek:
And yes we should meet on a twisty track that resembles a road like some CSS schools resemble and compare lap-times after 20 minutes...:thumb2 The KTM would leave the GS in the dust on the straights which is frustrating because when the sections turn twisty the GS would pass the KTM again...Nothing a 170hp M1300GS would solve...:thumby:
And one more point for these guys making assumptions based on spec sheets...I remember one video where a British Superbike Racer (forgot his name) compared both a EU-3 spec S1000XR with a EU-3 S1000RR...These 2015/16 who ever rode one on track knows that these bikes where very fast and also able to put the power down.In the end the RR was not even 1 sec faster than the 45 hp weaker and 30 kilos heavier XR...Must have been a bad rider...:D
Come to Kali and book a class and I show you how slow I am...;) But I won't ride a GS but a S1000RR...

Yada yada yada, the Boxerlust random word generator strikes again............

So c'mon dude, which bike is sexier, which bike's gonna give you that stiffy?

Andres

Outomunch...To answer the question...THe KTM made my dick limp...Looks like a Mattel toy with all that plastic and is borderline unrideable...Definitely the first bike I rode that could not use the power it had on tap...The acceleration or better power it offered between 7-10000 would be fantastic on a GS...On the KTM it is wasted on a front wheel pointing towards the sky...:( And then the chassis as stable as a bicycle...:eek:
As for a stiffy...I think the M1000RR is probably the one.More power than a S1000RR and a little more stable with raked out trail...That should be the benchmark for track riders that also like to ride the streets.The RR is more comfortable than the other superbikes and makes power in the mid-range too which is important for the street.
The only bike that gives me more wood is the M1300GS...If BMW is a serious as they were with the M1000RR to get it right...:thumby:
Ducatis are expensive to buy and maintain playtoys like Ferraris for rich status seekers.I would be a 911 GT3 guy with 3 pedals on the floor if you know what I mean...But my funds only afford me a Camaro SS 1LE...The farmers Porsche...:D
The 1250 GS-HP gives me good wood too...Like a good wife that cooks,cleans,doesn't waste money and is good in the sack...;)

Back
Top Bottom