Resonator Removal

nicholsonj2252

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Having taken delivery of a new F850GS Adventure 40th Year Edition , my first job was to fit an Akrapovic and get rid of the bulky exhaust resonator

Having done a bit digging on the various forums it looked like the two options were a Remus link pipe at £175 or a Dominator one at £120

A number of people had reported that the Remus was not a good fit with the Akrapovic and I didn't particularly like the U bend shape of the pipework

The Dominator looked a bit better but I was still not 100% happy with it

I then stumbled on a link pipe from an eBay seller in China and the link pipe looked very good and was only £46

I took a chance and ordered one , two weeks later it turned up and was marked with a value under £10 so not tax or VAT to pay

What a result , the pipe is absolutely fantastic quality and a perfect fit , it could have easily been made in the same factory as the OEM ones its so good

Here are some pictures below

I have also removed the pillion foot rests and added an extra heat shield to the Akrapovic link pipe

Without the foot rest hanger in place the pipe was open to being contacted

Here ia a link to the eBay seller if anyone else is after one :

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Motorcyc...e=STRK:MEBIDX:IT&_trksid=p2060353.m2749.l2649

Does the extra heat shield come with the Akra? Can I ask what the Akra cost? I ordered a similar decat from china which has not yet arrived. I am thinking of investing in a after market end can in due course.

No - the extra heat shield was off an old bike I had . Its a bit long for the link pipe but will do until I can find something more suitable . I paid £660 for the Akrapovic

Looks great. I have the Dominator pipe and for info if you want to save money just keep the standard end can as there is no difference in the noise produced. All the noise reduction seems to come from the resonator box. That said I fitted a Delkevic can DOH!:blast

Just wondering how much noisier the bike is with this link pipe and the Akrapovic? Looks great btw.

My understanding, and it may well be wrong is that removing the passenger footrests but leaving a dual seat means it won't pass the MoT. Apparently you have to have either both or neither under new regulations.

ps - Pipe welding looks good :thumb

My understanding, and it may well be wrong is that removing the passenger footrests but leaving a dual seat means it won't pass the MoT. Apparently you have to have either both or neither under new regulations.

ps - Pipe welding looks good :thumb

I’ll just bolt them back on in three years time when the first MOT is due ;-)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I fitted the Remus link pipe to the standard can and I'll admit it did take some "encouragement" - but that does look really smart. Nice one sir!

Finally got the heat shields properly sorted and powder coated black to match the Akrapovic end can , I think it looks much better now

Nice!

Looks very smart indeed! I have fitted the Givi Outback pannier rails and intend when I can find one at a reasonable price to fit the Remus 8 black exhaust.

Back
Top Bottom