Operation Emerald Escape

So food done we amble back to the hotel, check the bike is still all sexy and have chat about tomorrow.

Cork is a no brained but it’s not that far so I randomly pick Tralee out as it’s near water and about the right distance .

So the plan will be Cork for mini mini city break, then on to Tralee via some coastal roads.

Hopefully will be able to park up fairly centrally and ditch the kit again in Cork.

I also note that Limerick will be a stoping off point probably the day after, I best get working on a good rhyme.........

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Good to see you back, Mark....hope you are well. Looks like another great trip, thanks for taking the time to share it with us. Look forward to hearing all about the Euro trip - sounds great! :beerjug:

Thanks both, hope you're keeping safe and well.

To be honest I didn't post the Euro trip as I was expecting the usual warriors on here to start dripping about covid etc etc and cant be arsed.................however when I finish this I will, and a great trip it was too......

Anyway, back to the Emerald Isle.............

Day 4

So up early and had the most amazing breakfast, bike still in one piece outside so load her up and get going.

The weather is,,,,,,,,,,,,,bright and dry, 14 deg so happy days again.... who'd have thought that there is a large ocean just to our west and the next stop is Newfoundland !

A nice bimble towards Tramore and Dungarvan, the onto Cork, I worked here for a little bit years ago but dont know the place really so looking forward to a MCB :)

On arrival at Cork we canter down the high street and, blimey a motorcycle parking area right slap bang in middle.

Its right outside the Liverpool FC shop if that helps anyone.

As ever its a ball ache with helmets etc but.............

A large tattooed gentleman comes out of the Liverpool shop and volunteers to be our security, he has the look of someone most definitely not to be fucked with and gets paid to stand about and look menacing........he gets the job :okay

Off for coffee and cake...............

2feb21f4e183ead7d3b0bf5926c71b15.jpg

It’s eat out only still but as it’s relatively warm that’s not a major drama

Cork, or the little we see of it is very nice, friendly folk too

Refreshed, and having thanked our personal 'Abus Gold Star' security we head off on the N71 sweeping along clockwise towards the randomly selected Tralee.

The road is great and again the views on the left are always pleasant and sometimes spectacular.

Having stopped for a coffee en route a local points us towards Inch Beach where apparently you can ride on it, I get to thinking I'm Burt Monroe and head there...............

Apparently its a mile long, so there an Inch Mile joke there somewhere...............you can join the dots.........

336f01dd1cd74b87ad3a76b4920ef58f.jpg

Onto the beach we ride.....

I ask Tracy to raise her hand if she’s been sat behind someone all day who’s more handsome than Brad Pitt ........

117e72878220626682e64d0012d3e280.jpg

I mumble something about the worlds fastest Indian then realise I’m on a loser trying to explain ........

I very gingerly do an about turn and head up towards Tralee, we have a B and B booked and it looks quite nice.......

Oh, bonus info........ the gloves I have on are now with their new owner, the jacket Tracy has on has gone with the funds to CRUK :)

30a2e5c977b57afcd94acee10a45ccd0.jpg

So we go west to dingle and then hop up onto the camp road and onwards to Tralee.

This is a bit of a bonus treat as it’s a great road and a great way to finish the day.....

We arrived at about 4 which is early for me to finish, I'm mellowing and slowing down the pace of these trips.............and I have to say they are better for it :okay

Anyway on arrival at Tralee we decide to have an 'admin 30 mins'.

Basically repack as necessary now we are in the groove and used to the temperature, bike etc, this is Tracys first tour.......

Thermal kit more buried, thinner socks to the top, pants turned inside out for the next day, that type of thing.

Then get our shit in one sock for tomorrow, so we can chill properly before eating tonight, more of that later........

So I have a bit of a ReOrg.....

Now I know that girls have differing travel needs etc etc, and a blokes packing list can be......

Bike
Credit Card
Toothbrush

but really..................

Breath of fresh air.....a bike trip report. Cheers :beerjug:

Thanks Davey, indeed these are testing times for those of us who enjoy these type of things, I've had to get creative with routing etc, but I've managed 2 great tours so consider myself very lucky :)

Back
Top Bottom