Screen recommendations X-Country

Richparker

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
I currently have a Wunderlich screen fitted to my X-Country but I want to get a smaller screen. I don't really want it mounted on the handlebars and wondered if anyone might have a recommendation.

You can get the OEM BMW one including the screen mount bracket but its not cheap at £250

Screen

Hi John Thanks for the reply. That's pretty much the size I was after. Looks like I'll have to dig deep unless someone knows of a cheaper alternative :nenau

You can get the OEM BMW one including the screen mount bracket but its not cheap at £250

I have a mint clear bmw screen that fits that G650 bracketry if that helps
£40 posted
You can buy the G650 brackets separately, from your local BMW dealer

There is also a dark tint variant which is the one fitted to my bike.

Attachments

• IMG_3414.jpg
    IMG_3414.jpg
    252.5 KB · Views: 215
Hi John Thanks for the reply. That's pretty much the size I was after. Looks like I'll have to dig deep unless someone knows of a cheaper alternative :nenau

I've got the tinted version, it fits great, does the job, and is well made :thumb

i-qH2ns4F-L.jpg

:beerjug:

Screen recommendations

Well I've bought the one from JB. It comes with the mounting bracket for the R1200R so hopefully I will be able to make that fit. If not it's a trip to Pidcocks!

Well I've bought the one from JB. It comes with the mounting bracket for the R1200R so hopefully I will be able to make that fit. If not it's a trip to Pidcocks!

I think the R1200R bracket will need a lot of modification to fit the XCountry as it is quite different....

I think the R1200R bracket will need a lot of modification to fit the XCountry as it is quite different....

Certainly looks a bit different! I've nothing to lose though - if it doesn't work out I'll buy the correct one.

Well, good luck with that. I have now had THREE trips to Long Eaton to collect the bits I need... none of which have arrived correctly.

Exhaust header studs ordered - barrel and head studs supplied (twice!)
Exhaust copper nuts ordered - Headlight bolts arrived.
Exhaust graphite ring ordered x2 (one for each bike) - some spurious tab washer supplied (x1).
Front and rear original brake discs ordered - front is correct, rear is incorrect.
Brake disc mounting bolts ordered x12, 6 front, 6 rear. - A bag of assorted grub screws supplied.

The parts required were clarified after the first return visit and the actual parts required ringed on the exploded diagram. Despite that, the wrong items were still supplied. After three trips to collect parts, I have fitted the front brake disc and that is it. Nothing else is correct and they can have the whole lot back. I am fed up with making the trek over only for the wrong parts to be supplied.

Certainly looks a bit different! I've nothing to lose though - if it doesn't work out I'll buy the correct one.

I did offer it up once and the screen brace was the same, just the lower bracket needed modification (easy enough for good welder, in the trade) and I am sure you can sort it
Side brackets to the top yoke may just need suitable spacers & bolts

Hi fellas, resurrecting this thread rather than startinga new one as I guess we have all of the X-Co experts corrales herinh already! :)

Anyone have any thoughts on the Puig 'naked' model for my 2007 X-Co?

Back
Top Bottom