Do ABS and Non abs use the same pads?

Al-1150

Reaction score
I see lots of references to abs and non abs Pads. Is this due to a different caliper or sue to the abs effect of the pads?
My bike is an abs model with abs removed.
Which do I get?

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

I see lots of references to abs and non abs Pads. Is this due to a different caliper or sue to the abs effect of the pads?
My bike is an abs model with abs removed.
Which do I get?

there are a few options dependent on Year and Braking system

if I recall There are Tokico type or Brembo type and also ABS II or Servo ABS on Brembo

So we need year and a picture of your caliper if possible?

Pads front Brembo calipers

Pads front Evo Brembo calipers

Pads front Evo Tokico calipers

I have 2 sets of tokico's new but no packaging I ordered wrong many moons ago as someone told me the wrong set up :blast

QUOTE=DrFarkoff;5858622]
I have 2 sets of tokico's new but no packaging I ordered wrong many moons ago as someone told me the wrong set up :blast[/QUOTE]

Yes this is what I was afraid of.

I had heard in the past that ABS systems needed different pads to non ABS and as mine had the abs removed, I thought maybe I needed to order a different brake pad than the one recommended. I've been assured that's not necessarily true, a brake pad is a brake pad. Will work the same in an abs system or not.

Thanks for your reply though.

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

From memory, early Brembo like my 1999 say Brembo on the Outside.
Brembo Evo says BMW outside, Brembo Inside
Tokico says BMW outside Tokico inside
each take a different shape pad,
the rears from 1100 to 1200 pre LC use the same pads (not sure about LC):beer:

First the correct design pads for the caliper then HH or GG... You can have either grade... I ride all year and prefer GG as they have more feel... They have a little less bite when hot though so a trade off... Mid winter pissing rain HH can feel a little wooden...

Back
Top Bottom