790 adv

harry

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Would some kind soul tell me what the Clutch Free play should be. Ive fitted a longer

operating arm but stupidly didn't measure the FP before I started. Thanks

I’m not technical enough to know what your question is, but I do own a 790 that hasn’t been messed about with. Happy to measure anything on mine if that answers your a question.

Would some kind soul tell me what the Clutch Free play should be. Ive fitted a longer

operating arm but stupidly didn't measure the FP before I started. Thanks

Possibly 5mm, but you may have to experiment due to the direct ratio of the arm.

Attachments

• 8AB3E684-7B76-417C-A9D4-616BCA6D38FF.jpg
    8AB3E684-7B76-417C-A9D4-616BCA6D38FF.jpg
    222.6 KB · Views: 263
Thanks Joe and jj.That's helpful

Afterthought, I do have the service manual if there’s anything in there that’s useful.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The longer arm on the clutch is a brilliant add-on. One finger ops now. Enjoy.

Had to go off to Cirencester way today so took the R and went via the lanes. Perfect self isolation too. Such a brilliant bike. They seem to be getting a bit of bad press but like the 990, the 1190, the 1290, the issues will get ironed out or aftermarket fixed and we’ll move on. Absolutely love mine to bits for going off-road and it’s a half decent road bike to boot!

Is yours going to see mud Harry or is it a road bike?

The longer arm on the clutch is a brilliant add-on. One finger ops now. Enjoy.

Had to go off to Cirencester way today so took the R and went via the lanes. Perfect self isolation too. Such a brilliant bike. They seem to be getting a bit of bad press but like the 990, the 1190, the 1290, the issues will get ironed out or aftermarket fixed and we’ll move on. Absolutely love mine to bits for going off-road and it’s a half decent road bike to boot!

Is yours going to see mud Harry or is it a road bike?

Not intentionally, Apex :D I've uprated front and rear suspension. I think it's a brilliant machine...and the tank range great

Back
Top Bottom