Having trouble connecting Zumo 660

Tim Cullis

Scotland lover
UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Putney, London and the Altiplano de Granada
I am trying to retrieve the tracklog of a recent daytrip from my Zumo 660 but when I connect it to my Macbook, the SD card is recognised but not the internal storage.

Mac Finder only shows the SD card, same with Basecamp. The unit is not recognised by Garmin Express.

I tried using Windows XP on the Mac but Windows Explorer and Mapsource only show the SD card. I also tried on an ancient Dell laptop running Windows XP. I've also tried different USB cables.

The SD card holds my CN Europe NT 2010.10 map, the current route and waypoints, but it seems the tracklog is on the internal storage. I can see the tracklog segments when I interrogate the Zumo through >my data >manage trip logs.

I don't want to do a factory reset as this will delete the tracklog. Any ideas?

Tim, try deleting or turning off Garmin Express, if you have it installed. Garmin Express might (this is just a guess) be over occupying the device’s time.

Failing that, try installing and then updating Garmin Express, to see if that helps.

Report back.

Make sure no other USB devices (hubs, printers etc) are connected.

:beerjug:

There are no other USB devices connected. And bear in mind I had the same result when I tried this on an antiquated Dell running Windows. Also my iMac desktop.

It doesn't appear to be the cable, as it works transferring waypoints backwards and forwards to the SD card storage.

Using the Zumo menus I can interrogate the waypoints, routes and tracklogs held on internal storage (the waypoints and routes on the SD card are just the last transfer).

So it just seems to be the inability of the internal storage to declare itself to the PC (Mac or Windows).

I agree with your conclusion: So it just seems to be the inability of the internal storage to declare itself to the PC (Mac or Windows).

Now, who has got a fix?

I’ll copy the thread across to the Computer section for you.

Richard

Back
Top Bottom