MCE 'systems down'

mrklunk

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Been trying to get my bike changed on my existing MCE policy (traded in 750GS for 1200gs). Chat and calls unavailable yesterday due to 'system' problems. Eventually got someone on phone after 45 minutes on hold to be told they can't do anything today as "all their systems" are down, Said they will give me a call back within 48 hours. Zero confidence in that. Does anyone know what's going on with them?

Seriously thinking of cancelling and starting a new polciy elsewhere after this and seeing some horror stories on forums. They quoted £254 for my new bike, all the other on Bikeinsurer were £450plus. And I'm an old git (58) living in North Scotland with 3 years NCB. BeMoto recommended on here but they were over £450 too. Got a call with one of their guys to see what they can do.

Thoughts welcome :)

Maybe their computers have a virus?

I’ll get my coat. :D

I’ve had no joy since Thursday. Tried all their platforms, live chat, call back option, email etc. No joy.
If I haven’t heard back by Monday, I’m considering emailing them a cancellation notice and cancelling my payments.
Does anyone know if that’s legal given that I’ve done what I can reasonably do and they have failed to respond?
I have screen shot everything I’ve tried and my phone shows the volume and duration of failed calls.

I’ve had no joy since Thursday. Tried all their platforms, live chat, call back option, email etc. No joy.
If I haven’t heard back by Monday, I’m considering emailing them a cancellation notice and cancelling my payments.
Does anyone know if that’s legal given that I’ve done what I can reasonably do and they have failed to respond?
I have screen shot everything I’ve tried and my phone shows the volume and duration of failed calls.

you have a contract, read it to determine the cancellation policy and I would write a letter, sent by recorded delivery to their registered address. If their systems are down, they might not
see an email.

Make sure you do it right as getting it wrong can cause problems with a new insurer

Have you made a formal complaint to them? You cannot raise the matter with the relevant ombudsman until you have made a formal complaint that remains unresolved.

Personally, I would probably leave the MCE policy running on the old bike whilst the matter is resolved and take out a new policy on the new bike. I might have to pay a premium without a NCB until MCE release the discount. As my premium is relatively low, that would not be a huge expense for me to get the new bike on cover. My priority would be to have the new bike covered.

you have a contract, read it to determine the cancellation policy and I would write a letter, sent by recorded delivery to their registered address. If their systems are down, they might not
see an email.

Make sure you do it right as getting it wrong can cause problems with a new insurer

Have you made a formal complaint to them? You cannot raise the matter with the relevant ombudsman until you have made a formal complaint that remains unresolved.

Personally, I would probably leave the MCE policy running on the old bike whilst the matter is resolved and take out a new policy on the new bike. I might have to pay a premium without a NCB until MCE release the discount. As my premium is relatively low, that would not be a huge expense for me to get the new bike on cover. My priority would be to have the new bike covered.

Thanks for the advise. The issue is there’s no way I can actually contacting them at the moment! Something has clearly happened to their systems! I can’t even download my documents which were always previously retrievable whenever I needed them (so much for paperless). I’ve checked the cancellation policy and it’s relatively straight forward, if I could get through to them. I shall leave until I can contact MCE and then I’m off to Cornmarket who (Steve) gave me an excellent this morning.

Maybe they have gone bust and shut up shop.

Won't be the first time.

They are all on furlough running with 20% staff.

Everyone is putting up with shit service and long wait times. So they will reduce staff and claim from the taxpayer.

No brainer - yes it pisses me off!

Mr MC Edwards trousered nigh on 2 million pounds in salary and dividends last year so maybe it's not bust after all !

Notice served via email and by recorded delivery. Ombudsman next as I’m unlikely to hear from them MCE.
Let’s see them try and claim the £75 cancellation fee; I’ll see them in court for compensation for all the stress, anxiety and costs I’ve incurred trying to contact them and for failing to provide my policy documents.
No problem getting through to Cornmarket eveytime I’ve called them and now realised a £202 saving!
Note to self; ignore the fucking meerkats!

Notice served via email and by recorded delivery. Ombudsman next as I’m unlikely to hear from them MCE.
Let’s see them try and claim the £75 cancellation fee; I’ll see them in court for compensation for all the stress, anxiety and costs I’ve incurred trying to contact them and for failing to provide my policy documents.
No problem getting through to Cornmarket eveytime I’ve called them and now realised a £202 saving!
Note to self; ignore the fucking meerkats!

meerkats has to be the worst and most expensive "comparison" site owned by another bunch of shysters BGL formerly Budget Insurance. Former owners of Bennetts when they acquired their reputation of being crap. Bennetts, at least, with new owners, seem to have got better.

Back
Top Bottom