Michelin tyre pressure monitor system

oddshapedballs

Reaction score
Anyone used these with rubber valve stems? I believe you can, but wanted a real world review, and do they also throw out the wheel balance?

Cheers.

:thumb

Read that, left me kind of neh...there's a risk.

Can I buy metal stems for a TC GSA? I've Google'd the living daylights out of the subject but can't find straight metal valve stems?? I did ask Bahnstormer a while ago, they don't do them.

I had them on my F800GS for two years and was very happy with them. I fit my own tyres and balanced them with the sensors on.

I have the FOBO Bike 2 system on my HD bikes on rubber valve stems and have done 10's of thousands of miles with no issue at all. They system works really well - and I quite like being able to check my tyre pressures while lying in bed!

I can't answer your question re rubber valve stems, as my Africa Twin has metal stems, but I do have the Michelin TPMS (it came as a freebie with my anakee adventures) and it's been spot on so far. Battery lasts ages, very useful to just see pressures at a glance.

I have been using these also for a couple of years, and with rubber valves. No problems at all, I now have them on both my bikes, I would recommend them.

Thanks all, seems that I'm being overly precious re: worrying about the use of this on rubber stems.

Back
Top Bottom