XR1000 New arrival next week.

Mullabrack

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
After toying with the idea of changing my 2018 S1000XR SE to a new GS1250 I have decided to stick to what I know and went for a new S1000XR TE. Hope I don’t regret it...

You won’t. I did the same and IMHO the 2020 is quite an improvement over the 2018 model. Good write up in December’s Ride mag on the new XR

I read that. Looking forward to getting some miles on it. Very little choice at minute for end cans and not fussed on paying £850 on the official Akro version.

Cobra is a new one for me! Thanks for the link.

Good pipes. have a set on my XR. 2020 might be a little different.

1_untitled-8110019.jpg

I keep reading that the new bike fixes you into a different riding position . What’s changed ?

Don't quote me on this, but the seat on the new XR is different. It appears it moves you closer to the tank in a way (sloped more towards the tank).

The 2020 Xr seat is shaped a bit like old tractor seat pans so if your butt is on the large(r) size there may be limited room to move around. I reasonabley slim in the butt area so have some space to shuffle back/forward on mine. I also swapped the stock saddle for an accessory M-Sport one which I've had no butt numbing effects from sofar of rides upto a couple of hours .

The 2020 Xr seat is shaped a bit like old tractor seat pans so if your butt is on the large(r) size there may be limited room to move around. I reasonabley slim in the butt area so have some space to shuffle back/forward on mine. I also swapped the stock saddle for an accessory M-Sport one which I've had no butt numbing effects from sofar of rides upto a couple of hours .

I think the new seat is different but works for me on my 2020 TE ( previous bike was a K16 GTL ) , having done 4k miles now you get used to it and it doesn't detract from the ride......I've also played with moving the bars a little in the clamps, from new mine were set high......we are all different in the arse area and one solution won't fit all.......
Shinyface

The seat is “sculpted” to keep you in a more fixed position and initially I was a bit sceptical but my initial impressions are that it’s actually ok although I have only done a 1 hour journey so I will reserve judgment till I get a proper run.

I read that. Looking forward to getting some miles on it. Very little choice at minute for end cans and not fussed on paying £850 on the official Akro version.

The Akro is fugugly on the S1000XR, just my opinion :beerjug:

Back
Top Bottom