Did they do a

No, first telelever was the r1100gs if I remember correctly.

No Airheads with telelever, as the last were the r100r (mystic and classic) and the r80gs basic I think....and both of these had conventional telescopic forks.

Why the question?

The only quirky thing I can think of in this department is a picture I saw of a 1100 with conventional forks and carbs fitted being used in a rally somewhere by BMW team.

The only quirky thing I can think of in this department is a picture I saw of a 1100 with conventional forks and carbs fitted being used in a rally somewhere by BMW team.
The works BMW 990 Rallye bikes as raced by the late John Deacon.
Have a look at the HPN website. Airheads with 1100GS rear ends.

No, first telelever was the r1100gs if I remember correctly.

No Airheads with telelever, as the last were the r100r (mystic and classic) and the r80gs basic I think....and both of these had conventional telescopic forks.

Why the question?

Just curios. I have owned both types and must say I was impressed with my, when I bought it, nearly new R1100RT front end handling. Not so much the K100RT I had and the R100RS I had was so long ago I can’t really remember. Looking into an AirHead now and just wondered if they did one with the telelever front end.

My mate has a K100RS telelever, built by Saxon for John Watson-Miller of Bracken motorcycles in 1988 .. the bike is very long but only about 3 foot high. I once rode it the the BMW club agm at Bewley, which upset a few club members. Amazing handling,

My mate has a K100RS telelever, built by Saxon for John Watson-Miller of Bracken motorcycles in 1988 .. the bike is very long but only about 3 foot high. I once rode it the the BMW club agm at Bewley, which upset a few club members. Amazing handling,
There’s a name from the past! What a great business he had. A pioneer, in this country, of custom BMWs, especially Dakar bikes.

There’s a name from the past! What a great business he had. A pioneer, in this country, of custom BMWs, especially Dakar bikes.

Yes, John is a good friend of mine. Went on his stag night, and his 40th birthday party in Blacks club, Soho.
He still has the saxon framed K100RS :D

For a while he had a strong following in Motorcycle Sport then MS &Leisure. Also full of BMW & MZ enthusiasts. Not sure if it’s still going.

For a while he had a strong following in Motorcycle Sport then MS &Leisure. Also full of BMW & MZ enthusiasts. Not sure if it’s still going.

Wernt they fitted in quasors at one point?

Edit after a grub around on the internet:

Probably the most interesting thing to come out of the production project was the Mk1 Voyager front suspension. Often called a 'copy' of the Difazio hub, or attributed to Bob Tait whose patent we used, it was a simple 'clean sheet' design for a double wishbone system that would have as much lock and suspension as telescopic systems

The works BMW 990 Rallye bikes as raced by the late John Deacon.
Have a look at the HPN website. Airheads with 1100GS rear ends.

The only stock BMW part I could see closely examining the bike was the (stick on) BMW roundels on the tank, I pointed this out to JD in a lighthearted way; he was not amused..:nenau

BTW The rear ends were billet machined one off factory works of Art..:thumby:

Difazio’s closed the shop in Frome about 10 years ago, I still see some of the bikes around

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom