G/S rear shocker.

batman1

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Hi Folks,

I’m trying to find out anything about the rear shocker fitted to my recently restored G/S

Unfortunately I have a knackered and weary old back and if I ride anything with a hint of firm rear suspension for more than 60 miles on poor roads it takes me and my back a week or so to get over it.

I bought my bike at the beginning of this year and have barely ridden it. The bike has been beautifully restored, and is fitted with this rear shocker, a colleague of mine who also has a G/S suggested that the shocker on my bike may well be a for paralever and not a monolever, as the spring on my bike is a wider diameter than on his bike.

Attached are photos of the item, your comments/advice please.

A. Can anyone identify it as I can’t seem to find anything about it on the web

B. Who supplies the best rear shocker for my R80 G/S ? ... BMW perhaps?

Attachments

• DC1BD859-8395-40E5-8818-AAA7BB051710.jpg
    DC1BD859-8395-40E5-8818-AAA7BB051710.jpg
    210.3 KB · Views: 182
  • C0803365-A6DF-4957-A46D-CE74B43A878A.jpg
    C0803365-A6DF-4957-A46D-CE74B43A878A.jpg
    195.1 KB · Views: 179
Hi Folks,

I’m trying to find out anything about the rear shocker fitted to my recently restored G/S

Unfortunately I have a knackered and weary old back and if I ride anything with a hint of firm rear suspension for more than 60 miles on poor roads it takes me and my back a week or so to get over it.

I bought my bike at the beginning of this year and have barely ridden it. The bike has been beautifully restored, and is fitted with this rear shocker, a colleague of mine who also has a G/S suggested that the shocker on my bike may well be a for paralever and not a monolever, as the spring on my bike is a wider diameter than on his bike.

Attached are photos of the item, your comments/advice please.

A. Can anyone identify it as I can’t seem to find anything about it on the web

B. Who supplies the best rear shocker for my R80 G/S ? ... BMW perhaps?

https://shock-factory.co.uk/content/8-m-shock-absorber-for-bike

More details here.

thats a nice shock. if it turns out it is for a paralever, and you decide to sell, please let me know.

I haven’t got one of each to hand to show the differences. The paralever shock is much longer than the monolever one. If your bike is otherwise standard a paralever one wouldn’t fit.
On my current G/S I’m using a YSS shock and find it very smooth.

I haven’t got one of each to hand to show the differences. The paralever shock is much longer than the monolever one. If your bike is otherwise standard a paralever one wouldn’t fit.
On my current G/S I’m using a YSS shock and find it very smooth.

I’ve heard that the YSS make a good shocker, I must admit that I haven’t spent any real time in setting up the damping and sag, perhaps that needs to be my first job, now that I know this is decent unit and the correct one to boot.

The shock factory kit is outstanding.

Maybe worth checking with them what the weight rating of the spring is and get it tuned for your needs. That in itself makes a massive difference.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Back
Top Bottom