New X-ADV

Traded the Bonneville in for a 2020 model with only 101 miles on it yesterday heated grips Honda 50 Ltr top box £8699
collect it Tuesday was going to go for the new one but they wanted £4500 on top of the bonnier with 5 other bikes I didnt really want another £4500 out, this one was the bonnie £2000 thought with 101 miles on it couldnt go wrong really !!

Anyone know of a Uk based owners forum ?? (I need to buy bits now LOL )

£8700 for a used scooter?
Has the world gone mad ?

Has the world gone mad ?

It's unfortunate that so many people in this country share such a blinkered and prejudiced view.
Virtually any modern scooter, especially the mid size and upwards ones, would actually prove to be far more suitable, useable, and practicable for most road riders than their current motorcycle...especially given the amount of times we read about people struggling to get on and off their motorcycle, bemoaning inadequate protection from wind and rain or the filth from dirty roads and the hassle of trying to clean their motorcycle.

The X-ADV goes far beyond the best of them, and even gives most of a motorcyle look and feel too, should that feel to be a necessity.

It's unfortunate that so many people in this country share such a blinkered and prejudiced view.
Virtually any modern scooter, especially the mid size and upwards ones, would actually prove to be far more suitable, useable, and practicable for most road riders than their current motorcycle...especially given the amount of times we read about people struggling to get on and off their motorcycle, bemoaning inadequate protection from wind and rain or the filth from dirty roads and the hassle of trying to clean their motorcycle.

The X-ADV goes far beyond the best of them, and even gives most of a motorcyle look and feel too, should that feel to be a necessity.

Good point, well made

I have, in the past, looked at the T-Max which is also pricey, the Honda doesn't seem to be much different regarding price

I've never ridden any of today's scooters so have yet to experience that pleasure

Totally agree.
That’s the trouble with the UK.
On the one hand you’ve got the blinkered old farts who can’t see the wood for the trees and then you’ve got the vain brigade who spend all their money taking bits off the bike and spraying them black.
In the middle are open-minded people who can see that there are many forms of two-wheeled transport.
As said above, the X-ADV has been a huge seller in Europe, just like the T-Max.Yet over in the UK they are looked down upon by ignorant tossers who even slag off something like DCT on a bike without even trying it.

When I had my T-Max, I took it on a 7 day ,2500 mile trip over the Alps and it was fabulous.I’ll have another one day.The X-Adv are also fabulous bikes.

It must be almost 20 years ago now that someone turned up for one of our Welsh rides on a TMax, when he arrived I thought FFS this is going to slow the pace down a bit :blast

How wrong was I. The majority of our rides were along Welsh B roads and single track mountain roads where, more often than not, the GS's were holding up the TMax :eek:

I have to say in the last few days since coming across this thread I have found myself watching far too many X-ADV YouTube videos :augie

It must be almost 20 years ago now that someone turned up for one of our Welsh rides on a TMax, when he arrived I thought FFS this is going to slow the pace down a bit :blast

How wrong was I. The majority of our rides were along Welsh B roads and single track mountain roads where, more often than not, the GS's were holding up the TMax :eek:

I have to say in the last few days since coming across this thread I have found myself watching far too many X-ADV YouTube videos :augie
I remember him. An ex-army motorcyclist. He used to compete for them in enduros, hence he was a mate of Andy who organised the 2 or 3 rides I was on where we met him. A semi-retired printer in his 70s from Devil's Bridge. He'd bust his ankles so could no longer use foot controls. He was a demon down the single track lanes on his home patch.

there is a definite appeal Paul, had a couple of TMax and they are a hoot.... the X-ADV is a whole new concept, they look great in the flesh as well..... DCT on that bike is really well suited as well, whereas on the new NT1100 I think I would go manual with a quickshifter

A T-Max or X-ADV might meet several of my biking requirements but it would not meet some of my often used scooter (vespa) capabilities which include the very useful deep space in front of you and the bag hook plus spring loaded F&R racks.

I like the look of these x-adv, but sadly, here in London the scrotes would have it away within 5 mins. A guy in my road has one and he says thieves have tried three times to steal it. And always damaging it someway in the process...

I thought that too when I bought mine. Glad I live in Norn Iron, where bike theft is a rarity.

Has the world gone mad ?

Paid more than that for mine.
In Balkans last year, on the loose, the GSes could not stay with me.

Well I collected the 20plate X-adv with 101 miles on it on monday, and whilst waiting for the insurance to change over, I looked at the new 2022 model in the showroom in the sand / beige colour which I was not totally into albeit it was different !! I liked the different bits on the bike especially the TFT dash with the connectivity, the sharper looks and narrower seat, I rode the bike home then did a 40 mile little ride on it got home and phoned Paul at dobles and traded it back in and bought the new beige one !! I did ask for a grey or silver one but there is a 4 month wait for these as they are all going to Europe !! so I really had no choice in colour as that one was in stock there and then,

Beleive it or not the Beige colour is £50.00 more expensive at £11,049.00 I had Honda heated grips fitted, top box rack, handguard extendors, wind deflector kit, and tracker fitted which bounced the price up to £11,900.60 OTR ive bought a Yoshi end can, alarm,side crash bars, fog lights, R+G foot board protectors, small numberplate, Givi M6 baseplate with fitting kit and a Givi 48 ltr top box

the bike is being delivered Tuesday

Hopefully it will ride nice, the other one did !!

Rob

Well I collected the 20plate X-adv with 101 miles on it on monday, and whilst waiting for the insurance to change over, I looked at the new 2022 model in the showroom in the sand / beige colour which I was not totally into albeit it was different !! I liked the different bits on the bike especially the TFT dash with the connectivity, the sharper looks and narrower seat, I rode the bike home then did a 40 mile little ride on it got home and phoned Paul at dobles and traded it back in and bought the new beige one !! I did ask for a grey or silver one but there is a 4 month wait for these as they are all going to Europe !! so I really had no choice in colour as that one was in stock there and then,

Beleive it or not the Beige colour is £50.00 more expensive at £11,049.00 I had Honda heated grips fitted, top box rack, handguard extendors, wind deflector kit, and tracker fitted which bounced the price up to £11,900.60 OTR ive bought a Yoshi end can, alarm,side crash bars, fog lights, R+G foot board protectors, small numberplate, Givi M6 baseplate with fitting kit and a Givi 48 ltr top box

the bike is being delivered Tuesday

Hopefully it will ride nice, the other one did !!

Rob

Lovely, but at the risk of sounding like JB, I paid less than that for this !

f98dd9eb8fc986a6d9a80c6ea364522b.jpg

Lovely, but at the risk of sounding like JB, I paid less than that for this !

f98dd9eb8fc986a6d9a80c6ea364522b.jpg

As JB, I echo your thoughts
£11-12k for what essentially is a scooter is a bit nuts (to my way of thinking) when you can get a new Tuareg 660 in the delicious blue & white colour (£600 extra) for £11000

Still ….each to their own

£11-12k for what essentially is a scooter is a bit nuts (to my way of thinking) when you can get a new Tuareg 660 in the delicious blue & white colour (£600 extra) for £11000

The new Honda Tourer NT1100 is £11,990 c/w panniers and bags, centre stand, heated grips, cruise etc.....looks decent value to me ....but again, he wanted an X-ADV and I completely understand that

Yes, but that's not what he wanted.

Exactly ! I paid more than that for my CCM Spitfire Bobber and the X Adv is a a whole lot more of a bike than mine, as is Arseys KTM.

People come over and admire the CCM and then ask if it’s any good to which I always give the same measured reply ;

There are lots of much better, more capable bikes you can buy , for less. Dynamically it’s not a great bike BUT it’s brings joy and big smile to my face whenever I ride it , it looks great , takes up no room whatsoever in the garage and a 160kg single is the complete antithesis to my 300kg Adventure bike.

BTW I sold a GTS300 to buy the CCM . This Mrs was surprised how small it is in comparison.

Just like the KTM above, he didn't want a Tuareg 660.
If he did, I'm sure he would have bought one.

(to my way of thinking)

That's the issue.
You seem to be thinking and prejudicing the X-ADV (and scooters) as somehow inferior...rather than something different.

Quite.

Martin thats true mate and looking at the KTM The X-adv is bloody expensive no doubt
the one thing im glad of is that no one has said anything about the shitty colour my initial thoughts was to get it then have it painted or wrapped straight away bit I think the colour is growing on me (well a little bit)
ill wait till its here to see if its nice or just like an old mans volvo estate, of which I also have but its not an old mans car by any measure LOL

there are a lot better bikes out there for sure and much better value but I had one and now the DCT and other bits have been updated I thought what the fcuk just do it !!
Ive just traded the R9T and the 2020 X-Adv for the new X-Adv and got £5k back in the deal, sold a Mercedes E63, my Van, megane estate, and my V85TT so all im left with now is

the new X-adv (hopefully will be my go to bike for ease of use)
GT3RS (My Sunday Car)
Volvo V90 R Design Pro (My Everyday car)
My Hayabusa Turbo Custom jobbie (My taking to shows bike had it for 15 years)
1250 GS Rallye (My go off with the mrs touring bike)
And my 2005 R1150GS Adv SE which now has a massive 3k miles on it (My Look in the garage and smile bike, had that for 15 years also)

thats it im skint now !!

Back
Top Bottom