Thread: Livigno hotels

Subscriber Click here to find out how to Subscribe

Livigno hotels

Can't help you in that area but my advice is start saving, I'm done with Switzerland.

Quote Originally Posted by Cabby View Post
    Can't help you in that area but my advice is start saving, I'm done with Switzerland.
    I'm afraid this is inaccurate advice.

(If you want to tour in Switzerland, start saving last year.)

I stayed in Andermatt a few years ago - convenient for Susten, Grimsel, Furka, Oberalp and Nufenen passes. Lots of hotels in town. As mentioned above, it's not cheap.

Have also stayed in Livigno in Italy, which is sort of between Stelvio and Lake Como. Dead cheap out of skiing season, loads of hotels, and low duty on booze too. Only issue is that it's at the top of a dead end, but it's lovely scenery and great roads.

I've stayed in Livigno a couple of times and would recommend though not so sure it's that close to where the OP wants to stay.

It's not really a dead end as you can go through the tunnel which I think brings you out on the Zernez to Stelvio road, the tunnel is a toll though.

Hotel La Montanina is where I've stayed a couple of times. It's very welcoming, has underground garage (if required but I've never used it), and a restaurant. I rode in from St. Moritz and left heading south to Italy and no tunnel was involved. I believe the tunnel is to the east of the lake and heads north-east. Nice, interesting duty-free place with local br / resaurant / brewery. I must go back one day.
    "I must be traveling on now 'cause there's too many places I've got to see.

Edit:

bar/ restaurant
    "I must be traveling on now 'cause there's too many places I've got to see.

Alpen Village in Livigno is where I've stayed a couple of times. It's actually above the main town itself but they run a free mini bus down in to the center.

It's also on the main road in and out of the town, I'd certainly go back and the Lake is worth the trip on a lovely day was a bit shit on a shit day mind.

Excellent.

I’ll start something for Livigno.

Thank you.

Livigno hotels

Cut from another thread.

Seriously dude, get a fucking life. What an utterly pointless thread.

I love Livigno.

It’s a great place to have a day off the bike.

Nice town and great walking area, plus it’s cheap too.

Regarding routing, there are a few ways in and out, never been a drama for me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hotel leAlpi....

I've stayed at Hotel Le Alpi in Livigno on a few holidays on the bike.

Owner is Maurio who speaks English and a fair few other languages... A good guy.

Underground parking with wash off facilities and tools should the need arise.

Livigno is a tax free place, so fuel is cheaper than the surrounding areas.

The road to Davos (Through the toll tunnel) is a cracker, it was voted best road ever on Top Gear at one stage.

Go over the hill (Mountain) to Stelvio is an easy run out.

Hard to find a bad road around there...

Just be aware of when you go. We tend to go late June; there's plenty snow on the tops but the passes are open... wouldn't go much earlier than late June.. we had one day (Night) with heavy snow, about 4"-5" but it was cleared and the roads were perfect by mid morning.

Livigno is an excellent base for many Alpine passes...

Roger.
    Last edited by G5RJO; 08-01-21 at 18:48. Reason: typo

Quote Originally Posted by S92GS View Post
    I love Livigno.

It’s a great place to have a day off the bike.

Nice town and great walking area, plus it’s cheap too.

Regarding routing, there are a few ways in and out, never been a drama for me.
    Look forward to seeing the name of the hotel(s) you recommend.