Arai tour xd4 vs Arai qv pro

neiljitsu

Reaction score
Hello chaps,

After a bit of a tip on my bike I need to change my helmet. I currently have a tour x that I ride without the peak on most of the time. I really like it and and I'm considering another one, however the visor change at this time of year in particular is a bit of a faff.
I do find it noisy even with earplugs. I'm wondering if anyone has tried the qv pro and if they found it any quieter or if anybody has used the pro shade visor and how did they rate it.
I wear an xl and have a pretty square head.

Sent from my COR-L29 using Tapatalk

Hello chaps,

After a bit of a tip on my bike I need to change my helmet. I currently have a tour x that I ride without the peak on most of the time. I really like it and and I'm considering another one, however the visor change at this time of year in particular is a bit of a faff.
I do find it noisy even with earplugs. I'm wondering if anyone has tried the qv pro and if they found it any quieter or if anybody has used the pro shade visor and how did they rate it.
I wear an xl and have a pretty square head.

Cant comment on the QV but the pro shade system is very good on the right Arai

I used it on a Quantum it was brilliant but on the chaser it had wind noise if the shade but was up. I use a RX7 now and the visor swap is so easy that i often just take a spare visor with me

I have a QV Pro with the Arai sunshade . Lovely lid and significantly quieter than my old TourX though I'm not doing a direct comparison as I owned the Tourx years ago . The QVPro isnt as quiet as a Shoei GT Air or a TT ADv Mod sans peak (Schuberth E1 based) . As to the sunshade its useful but not as handy as the internal sunshades fitted to Shoei or Scuberths and suffers from getting cruddy if used in damp /wet then sunny conditions so you need to clean it more regularly than an internal sunshade. Still a very nice lid and I got mine in a sale around 350quid a couple of years ago (red/black gloss graphics) so it made it very hard to resist.

Last edited:
Thanks men, great deals on lids out there at the moment. I need to buy now before brexit is in.

I ended up buying another tour x from helmet city. On sale for 399 at the moment. Landed here 2 days later and very well packaged.

Back
Top Bottom