Recommended route within Scotland for my new GS!

Sleeptalk2020

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Good evening all,

Well after a week of searching I'm happy to say that I'm hoping to pick up my new GS from a member/seller on this forum very shortly.

The Boss at home has granted me a couple of nights away when I go to pick it up so that I can have some fun on the new bike at the same time.

The seller has given me some great ideas for routes and the general areas I could spend time riding around, and I was wondering if anyone could recommend some good roads between:

PA7 5PA

to

Newcastleton

(Basically how do I make - this - more interesting?)

From Newcastleton to Bellingham I understand the road is great via Kielder, Hexham - like this

Also, are there any recommended 'all-day' routes I should consider going from Bellingham to return to London that avoid the dull roads and take no more than 9 hours?

Any tips, links, routes etc. would be greatly appreciated.

...and needless to say if anyone is up/allowed to meet up for a socially-distant 'hello'/'business meeting' and ride around those areas late next week please let me know here or via DM!

Thanks in advance

Bellingham, Chollerford, Hayden Bridge, Alston, Bernard castle. Whilst at Alston go and have a play on Hartside before heading to Barnard Castle.

On Posh Pete’s map avoid mway and use A7078 toAbington. Another route from Tweedale (A on map) carry on down road and have a play on the devils beef tub then onto Moffat before heading along to point B on map.

From Bellingham how about this great little route.

Alston
Middleton in Teesdale
Staindrop
Gilling West
Richmond

Then on to Brompton on Swale where you can easily pick up the A1M.

Enjoy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom