Dianese D Air Smart Jacket

Tetley

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
https://www.dainese.com/gb/en/daine...6Put2zzhRJ1Nh5JQ4Aoo17xHi1s52NMIaArTvEALw_wcB

Has anyone used one of these. Just wondering as I have it on the short list for a chrissy pressie.
I read the reviews and watched the videos, but looking for some real world info. In particular what happens in winter when you are layering up, where does the jacket go then. Underneath all of the layers or inside your jacket....then what size do you get.

I've been looking at something similar for xmas with Held and Klim and although cheaper they use something called in&box which you have to activate and pay a subscription of 120 euro a year so value wise the one you're looking at may be better, as for fitting from what I read over your layers but under the jacket is the way to go not sure about tight fitting jackets over the top. It'd be sods law the airbag would work whilst all the seams fly apart on the jacket.

Alpinestars Tech Air 5, seen loads and tried a few but for me this was the best on the market and when worn feels like a tshirt like a t shirt :okay

Infinity Motorcycles advised to buy the Alpinestars over the Dainese. Can’t remember why. I also have one on the Santa list.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Im sure Micky ( how many miles has my bike done) on here invested in an airbag jkt about two years ago. Might be worth a pm

Steve

Latest Ride magazine has an article about inflatable jackets.

If this was it, it was the September issue, that was in the shops in August.

0463bde3c42ad2d985761811317759f5.png

805f4f050000d1d69159049d98056909.png

0ba14a976cb3cf0cafdd8f438115aa32.png

7941b434391cb25c826f8864522b5a0f.png

Thanks for the replies. My short list is now the D Air or the Tec 5. The D Air is possibly the front runner as you do away with the back protector, so less bulky. I need to get into a shop to see and try both of them. When that’s likely to happen who knows. The D Air is available at £512, possibly cheaper with a Black Friday deal. I’m defo going to get one, as I don’t bounce the way I used to.

The D air does not provide the same protection, its a lot lighter when worn and does feels like t shirt when on but that comes at a cost of protection.

Not something I was going to compromise on at high speed, but everyone has their own choices to make.

Back
Top Bottom