bmw r1200gsa 2008 stolen but recovered !

Deleted account 220427001

Reaction score
hello bmw guys need info please my friend had his 2008 r1200gsa bmw stolen can you buy a new ignition barrel using the original ignition key if he has the key number can bmw sort barrel out ?? and does the bike need to be programmed again at a dealer ??? any info will help , plus his insurance firm carole nash are being argy bargy with him gonna cancel the claim.aka sheene p.s safe riding all .

Not sure if you'll need it prgrammed again, The ECU will recognise the key transponder, unless you get new keys.
Also... Not sure he can cancel a claim... his NCD will be on record now..

Mr Joca is right ... your friend may cancel his "claim" but it will still be recorded on their records ...:(

I think it's Carol Nash that want to cancel the claim because he got got his bike back ( might be a wrong though) :nenau

I think it's Carol Nash that want to cancel the claim because he got got his bike back ( might be a wrong though) :nenau

I guess it all depends upon his much damage was done. If it's less than the excess then no claim is needed.

2008 hexhead has semi passive security at the top end

The ring antenna & key are the active ends of the security.

The lock barrel & ignition switch are the passive ends

The ring antenna is only looking for the transponder in the key.

The barrel is only looking for the right profile key ( it's not worried about the transponder)

He could if he wanted buy a new barrel & wafer it to the original key

If he wanted a new key (as in new barrel profile) he would be looking a new key, barrel & ECU

There are other things that could be done but it's a faf ;)

Back
Top Bottom