Newbie - Can I pick you brains about insurance. AKA How long is a piece of string

Nigel Thomas

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Hi everyone

I am looking to get a GS for a winter hack. What sort of money are you guys paying for insurance.

I'm 64, no convictions, looking for 3rd party, driveway parking. 9+years NCB Bike value about 7K

Been quoted 150.00

have you compared to full comp? Can be less. Were you expecting it to be less than £150?

Hi everyone

I am looking to get a GS for a winter hack. What sort of money are you guys paying for insurance.

I'm 64, no convictions, looking for 3rd party, driveway parking. 9+years NCB Bike value about 7K

Been quoted 150.00

Lucky you...

Do the comparison sites and also check sites like IAM surety and others that don’t appear on the comparison sites. Also compare third party with comprehensive. Not sure there’s a lot of difference these days. Martin Lewis’s Money saving expert site gives you a clue if you need one. I find MCN compare quite good for bikes.

57years, loads of NCB, Norfolk village location and garaged. £85 fully comp. Location is everything it seems.

58, 3 years NCB, driveway £260 fully comp Bennets. Stay away from MCE whatever you do.

58, 3 years NCB, driveway £260 fully comp Bennets. Stay away from MCE whatever you do.

57, 5 yrs NCB, garage, tracker, alarm. £800. Berkshire. But stay away from MCE; they are a nightmare. 3 weeks and still no reply to emails, recorded delivery letters and tweets! They don’t give a shit. Absolute c*nts.

65, Dorset based, 9 years NCD, fully comprehensive, pillion cover, Helmet and leathers cover, 90 days Europe cover (@fully comp) 2017 1200RS £144 with Hastings direct Premium.

Cj

Unfortunately in this case,

i suspect it's age and location against you

My 06 hexhead was £130 FC The 16 wethead £160 odd

£30 increase for a year i thought wasn't too bad

£90 was the best price when i first got the hexhead

Would also suggest trying Topcashback site, might provide you further discount

Back
Top Bottom