Starts then cuts out 5 seconds later

Northern Monkey

Reaction score
R1200gs 2005 came to a set of traffic lights and spluttered to a stop. Turns over fine and starts but as soon as any throttle input it cuts out again.

So I’m confused as to why? Surely if it’s fuel pump controller it wouldn’t even start? Can’t be side stand switch as it starts ,

Any suggestions??

Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

fuel pump controller may not be spooling up for extra fuel with wider throttle openings

Try a By pass and see what happens

Thats no way to talk about your Harley .....

At start and idle it relies on the idle actuators, So would start and idle ok
At the point that the throttle is opened it relies on the throttle position sensor so would be my fist check.

Thanks but it dies after a few seconds irrespective of any throttle input - throttle input just speeds up the cutting out!

And as an update ....
I tried the fpc bypass (direct to battery) however I did not cut the blue connector off first and just piggy backed the wires .....

DONT DO THIS!!!!!!

If the fpc wasn’t knackered before , it is now white electrics smoke emanating from the area .

Bike recovered and will have another go at it later in the week

Simple test, undo the filler cap and start bike if ok then it's the breather if it shows no change then it's not the breather.

Thanks for the input - recovered to garage and swapped fpc with a working one and bingo all working .

Once again thanks for your time and suggestions

Back
Top Bottom