First niggle...

Used to be 4K on my Honda ST 1300,s
I reckoned it was to stream revenue to the dealers ,,,,,, because the oil didn’t look any different from new when I drained it several times . seemed to have ( non scientific ) to have lost little of its lubricity , and about no crank case pollution .

6000 miles ?

Or is it 6000 miles or annually whichever comes first con.

That old chestnut is the cause for much piss boiling. I always just get the 6000 mile service done annually regardless of mileage.

Yup... but 6K is nothing really.

Agreed, especially on such a low stressed engine. An engine with a dry clutch and separate gearbox.

When I had my 1200 I always thought it ought to be an annual check and change fluids at 9 or 10000 :nenau

Andres

My 'ready to race' unit construction, wet clutch, high revving, 150bhp LC8 engine in my 1190R is 9,000 miles :nenau

Andres

Even my fragile but sexy italian beauty is 9000 miles or annual

This thread reminded me that whilst i have not managed 9000 miles this year only 6000 i need to think about getting it done ( for the fabulous 4 year warranty)

Just been quoted £155

I’d still have bought the bike anyway but I do feel that 6k services on a tractor is a bit ott

I think you'll find that service intervals on a tractor are measured in hours of duty.

It is the intervals between expensive major services like valve checks that bother me. A few years ago I went for a Yamaha rather then a Triumph triple because of the more frequent expensive services.

Used to be 4K on my Honda ST 1300,s
I reckoned it was to stream revenue to the dealers ,,,,,, because the oil didn’t look any different from new when I drained it several times . seemed to have ( non scientific ) to have lost little of its lubricity , and about no crank case pollution .

Oil and filter changes were every 8k miles on the pan. The 4 k I trim were inspections, engine idle speed, brake fluid and pad wear and clutch fluid. All of which could be done at home. Replaced every 8k funnily enough.

Back
Top Bottom