Routing Problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

transalper44

Reaction score
Have the latest mapping installed for Basecamp routing but have encountered a problem, not huge but annoying ! On planned a route, it doesn't like crossing straggled crossroads, it will go miles around that small problem, can only solved by highlighting (enlarge) the crossing and pinning it bit by bit till it crosses! Is there a solution ? Thanks.

What preference settings have you set?

Do you have seasonal closures, set to ‘On’?

BaseCamp does not struggle with staggered crossroads.

Suspect you have ‘fastest’ as opposed to ‘shortest‘ selected in your preferences

So, have looked at Basecamp for references settings, can't see anywhere that settings can be changed, are you referring to the setting on the Satsav when transferring update maps to Basecamp ?

In BaseCamp you can ascribe certain routing methods (preferences) to the mode of transport. For example you can tell the software to always avoid motorways or to avoid making U-turns.

https://www8.garmin.com/manuals/web...UID-0A5F9A30-A013-4F30-AAE0-377846734327.html

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/ZdbsMgeWXsA" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Fast forward to about 2:36.

Find your preference settings and report back, please.

Better still, pinpoint for us the staggered crossroads you are struggling with.

Hi, my basecamp header panel is not like the one shown in the tutorials, no reference to preferences. Strangely, if switched to Car mode it works, no problem like when on Motorcycle mode ? Confusing !!

As BaseCamp routes you through the staggered crossroads in car mode but will not in motorbike mode, it can (as far as I can imagine) only be down to the preference settings between the two modes. In other words, the motorbike preference settings are doing their best to route you away from the crossroads, then via an alternative route to get you to your final destination.

Please:

A. Let us know the precise location of the crossroads in question. A couple of decent screenshots will do.

B. Find your preference settings, they must be there somewhere. If though they are not, reload BaseCamp.

does it look like this, go to edit then options, activity profile then routing, there you can edit preferences, dont forget to save them. pictures are in wrong order bottom one first.

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    203.1 KB · Views: 151
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    201.5 KB · Views: 148
Thank you so much Guys, Now sorted, it now allows me to cross staggered cross roads without detouring half way round the country.. Thanks all for you help.

The State and instate highways ( are Motorways and A & B roads ) were ticked as avoidances, unticked and bob's your uncle. How they became ticked I have no idea? So thanks again for all your inputs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom