Tell Me About Interlocking Garage Floor Tiles Please

developer

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
I'm looking to cover about 20 sqm.

I assume that once interlocked, they don't move?

What about edge trims?

Are they difficult to turn bikes around on, being rubber to rubber?

Finally, does anyone have a bike lift on them (Clarke CML3 or the like) and is it possible to wheel the lift around, or is it too difficult to be practical?

Photos would be great ta :thumb

I had mine fitted by the local ACF50 bike cleaning guy. He cleaned the concrete floor, ground down or beat off high spots and used self levelling compound before fitting the tiles. He cut the edge tiles to fit snug at the sides and rear then has a finishing ramp at the entrance. It took two of them most of the day to complete it. It wasn’t cheap but 7/8 years later it still looks good.

My only complaint is the front lifts slightly when it gets hot n sunny.

not good in direct sunlight/heat at least the ones I have, and when I had an over night, petrol v petrol tap interface problem and the fuel leaked out, it warped some of the tiles beyond use dispite being described as petrol proof

I looked into this a few years ago, but just painted our garage floor instead, and bought some huge mats online for the bikes to sit on.

I looked into this a few years ago, but just painted our garage floor instead, and bought some huge mats online for the bikes to sit on.

Problem is I sealed the floor with a PVA 1 to 5 mix and it seems (according to the paint manufacturers) paints and sealers won't stick unless I remove that PVA layer.

As I move the bikes around a PVA layer is lifting and sticking to the tyres - very unsightly for floor and tyre :mad:

It really depends on the quality of the tile. When fitting allow a small margin all round 5-8mm for expansion it hotter weather. If fitted in direct sunlight glue the first couple of rows down.
Ramps sections are available for the entrance.Quality tiles will last for years and if loose laid can be removed and relaid.
A quality 500x500x7mm tile which you can drive a forklift on will cost you around £40sqm or £50sqm fitted. Pm if you want pictures.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My last 2 garages have been tiled in heavy duty carpet tiles. The current garage have been down 10 years now. I self levelled first then loose laid most but stuck the row closest to the wall. Have a few spares if any get damaged. Did as per nutty and have a few loose mats for under bikes. Bought one off those motea bike movers and it works perfectly. Great for needing on and warm in the winter. And this is from somebody who makes a living selling ceramic tiles .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm looking to cover about 20 sqm.

I assume that once interlocked, they don't move?

What about edge trims?

Are they difficult to turn bikes around on, being rubber to rubber?

Finally, does anyone have a bike lift on them (Clarke CML3 or the like) and is it possible to wheel the lift around, or is it too difficult to be practical?

Photos would be great ta :thumb

I have Big Doug interlocking flooring which is very robust. Not nice to neel on but I'm very pleased with it.

Back
Top Bottom