New Urban G/S owner in Scotland

Perthshire

Reaction score
Hi there, took delivery this week of a 2018 Urban G/S, I watched all of the reviews and my first impressions echo them all about how the bike looks. I have wanted another BMW for some time but never was attracted to the model line up. All getting to big and electronic for my taste, especially the dash and all those buttons on the handle bars. I had a very simple K75S for many years and regret that I did not keep it. I had a F650GS which I really hated, the vibration from the single shook me to the core.

Now with the new Urban G/S coming along with the new model having more modes and options - I wanted something back to basics so took the plunge on an pre-owned model.

Hi there, took delivery this week of a 2018 Urban G/S, I watched all of the reviews and my first impressions echo them all about how the bike looks. I have wanted another BMW for some time but never was attracted to the model line up. All getting to big and electronic for my taste, especially the dash and all those buttons on the handle bars. I had a very simple K75S for many years and regret that I did not keep it. I had a F650GS which I really hated, the vibration from the single shook me to the core.

Now with the new Urban G/S coming along with the new model having more modes and options - I wanted something back to basics so took the plunge on an pre-owned model.

Any plans for it, accessories etc ?

Nice, fab bikes, I love mine.

If used as intended - 'for bimbling about looking cool', they are fine as stock :)

Im not a fan of gold wheels normally, but they look amazing on my Turban I think :okay

Enjoy it :)

Happy new bike :)

The only thing I don’t like about the new one coming out is they’ve ditched the lower single can exhaust for the higher Scrambler dual exhaust which would make it impossible to fit some throw overs. Also every review I read said the single Urban exhaust sounded much fruitier too.

Enjoy :thumb2

Cracking bikes, I love mine. I did have her up for sale for a bit but came to my senses

Always looking to add bits to it, just added a different style number plate of all things :blast, still.. I like it

Enjoy - had a bimble out on my R9T Scrambler today which I have had for over 3 years and is a definite keeper :beerjug:

Defo a keeper.

Although if you read some of the utter bollocks on here it’s not fit to be on he toad, virtually unridable, funny as mine goes just fine

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom