Guzzi V85TT. deals in Nov 2020

GSite

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Hi all you Guzzi loving Tossers.

There has been quite a bit of talk about the deals available on The Guzzi V85TT, so just thought I would share my research into prices when looking to source one myself.

There are some great deals around at the moment. Some dealers are telling me that the last stocks of Euro 4 have to be registered this year and that Guzzi are giving them additonal monies to tempt customers. A couple of other dealers have told me this is complete rubbish, so not sure who to believe. Several dealers tell me they have cleared all their Euro 4 bikes and cannot get more stock until Feb/March next year others say it will be a few weeks until Euro 5 models arrive. There are some dealers who say they have reached target and have no need to discount bikes very far, almost arrogant in doing me a favour by knocking a few hundred off. I told them very clearly lets say, that once mid December arrives and they still have stock they will have no option or sell as pre-registered bikes.

Colchester Kawasaki told me that they have bought all the stock available from the UK importers that they are selling as pre-registered units, but if I wanted an unregistered one so that I was the first keeper, it would be an additonal £400-500.

With this in mind, all UK stock now sits with dealers only, there is no central stock on which they can draw if they sell a bike. If your preferred dealer does not have one, you will have to move onto another dealer, unless one does the other a favour and transfers the bike, but this will incur costs so probably won't be as keen a deal.

The list price for the premium colour bikes is £11099, some dealers will add road tax and DVLA registration fee to this, so even a variance on what dealers tell you the list price on the road may be.
I spoke to most of the dealers within a couple of hundered miles of me and for those prepared to do a keen deal new unregistered bikes can be had for £9300 to 9500 on the road with no extra charges (unlike the Colchester pre-preg bikes which have road tax and reg fee in additon). I am told this is cost price and selling for less would loose them money, but I guess some sort of payment form Aprillia Uk may offset that, or they are looking at the costs of being stuck with several pre-reg bikes at a later date and are cutting their losses.

I managed to shave some more off these prices to secure a deal yesterday, made a take it or leave it offer which was accepted, but with some muttering on how they have to make a living and how much the deal was losing them- oh shame.

I know it is not all about price, but to some it is. There will be those who feel that franchises doing these kind of deals may not be sustainable, or provide as good aftersales service which I completely understand. For example, a dealer with a great reputation, Teasdales provide fantastic service, but you pay for it in the price of the bike and some will feel this is worth a few hundred quid extra and could even save a bit in the longer run via loyalty incentives etc.

The above relates to a purchase without part exchange which will of course mean the figures look different, but I guess the difference to change is the key.

Bear in mind, the Moto Guzzi dealer list on their Website is out of date, some dealers I spoke to had not had the franchise for over a year.

If anyone wants to know which dealers were prepared to negotiate heavily and offered what price,
I would be happy to let you know via PM rather than publically.

Hope this saves time and effort for those looking to buy one of these great machines.

Happy hunting..

No, wanted to but their price was not really anything special. I may have paid a little more for the bike if they were local and I would benefit from their great service, but the financial difference really was quite significant.

The dealer I got it from was very friendly, returned calls, kept me in the loop and the workshop seemed very keen to answer questions - overall I feel confident they will give good service, but we shall see.

No, wanted to but their price was not really anything special.

I may have paid a little more for the bike if they were local and I would benefit from their great service, but the financial difference really was quite significant.

Thought so

out of curiosity ...how much mark-up do you think the dealers get ?

it's not like there is a Guzzi dealer in every county . those that discount , rarely have a good rep.

I've had a fair few Guzzi's in the last 8 years and the majority have been from Teasdales, I've also had a few non Guzzi's from them.
They're not always the cheapest, but for me a bike would need to be very cheap to temp me away from them. I've always had first class service from them. I even ring them for a price for any bike related stuff I need, they have often come in at the price or very close to anywhere else I've seen said item.

Yes, over the years Andy has most probably made a fair wedge from me, but I'm happy to pay for the service I receive. Plus it's a great ride from my place to Thirsk.

I recently was looking to PX a Triumph Speed Triple for something with more touring ability. As I’m already a Guzzi owner/fan the V85 looked tempting. Teasdales is half an hour away so thought I’d call in. Unfortunately the salesman(?) in the showroom was on the phone, busy ordering what sounded like materials to board out his loft. After 10-15 minutes, ( him still discussing the merits of chipboard over ply :blagblah ) I’d walkied around the showroom several times and he had still avoided making any eye contact with me. On the way out I passed a couple of other staff members who also failed to acknowledge I’d even entered the shop! I left thinking they must somehow be making a lot of money if they can afford to treat potential customers this way.
A couple of days later I swapped the Triumph locally for an Aprilia Caponord (which I’m loving). Ironically the Aprilia originally came from Teasdales.

I've had a fair few Guzzi's in the last 8 years and the majority have been from Teasdales, I've also had a few non Guzzi's from them.
They're not always the cheapest, but for me a bike would need to be very cheap to temp me away from them. I've always had first class service from them. I even ring them for a price for any bike related stuff I need, they have often come in at the price or very close to anywhere else I've seen said item.

Yes, over the years Andy has most probably made a fair wedge from me, but I'm happy to pay for the service I receive. Plus it's a great ride from my place to Thirsk.

Says a lot Steve
What about the Thirsk dealer makes you happy
Sales?
Servicing ?
Bike prep?
After sales and warranty ?
Clothing, parts & accessories?

I recently was looking to PX a Triumph Speed Triple for something with more touring ability. As I’m already a Guzzi owner/fan the V85 looked tempting. Teasdales is half an hour away so thought I’d call in. Unfortunately the salesman(?) in the showroom was on the phone, busy ordering what sounded like materials to board out his loft. After 10-15 minutes, ( him still discussing the merits of chipboard over ply :blagblah ) I’d walkied around the showroom several times and he had still avoided making any eye contact with me. On the way out I passed a couple of other staff members who also failed to acknowledge I’d even entered the shop! I left thinking they must somehow be making a lot of money if they can afford to treat potential customers this way.
A couple of days later I swapped the Triumph locally for an Aprilia Caponord (which I’m loving). Ironically the Aprilia originally came from Teasdales.

That does surprise me Samz. I've always noticed that they are not pushy but will always acknowledge someone who's looking around. Having said that, from a purely personal point of view, if I was looking for something specific, I'd ask.

Says a lot Steve
What about the Thirsk dealer makes you happy
Sales?
Servicing ?
Bike prep?
After sales and warranty ?
Clothing, parts & accessories?

I've dealt with all of the above at one time or another and I've always found them polite, courteous, and will try to do a deal if they can. Don't get me wrong, I haven't bought everything I've ever looked at, sometimes there just isn't a deal to be done. Equally, if I'm looking, I'm a potentially serious buyer. I don't do test rides just for fun.

Staff at Teasdales have always been pleasant but the couple of times I have been in with others looking to buy bikes,( the last one a used KTM 1050 they had in stock for over 12 months ) where they offered over £1000 less in part ex for an immaculate well specced Triumph Tiger 800 than any other dealers.
Lost them the sale.
I looked at the V85tt there but in the end bmw put a new motor in my bike so chose not to change it

That does surprise me Samz. I've always noticed that they are not pushy but will always acknowledge someone who's looking around. Having said that, from a purely personal point of view, if I was looking for something specific, I'd ask.

I guess I must have caught them on a bad day. I was hoping for the “sales assistant” to do his job and try sell me a v85 or at least offer a test ride. I certainly didn’t go there expecting I’d have to ask to get some kind of service.
Still no harm done, lesson learnt. I walked out, kept my money and spent it elsewhere.

I guess I must have caught them on a bad day. I was hoping for the “sales assistant” to do his job and try sell me a v85 or at least offer a test ride. I certainly didn’t go there expecting I’d have to ask to get some kind of service.
Still no harm done, lesson learnt. I walked out, kept my money and spent it elsewhere.

Perhaps they’d swapped staff with North Oxford BMW for the day !! :)

was the 9300 otr the price for a premium colour bike ?

Yes brand new, unregistered and on the road so no additonal costs - the dealer only had one premium model in the Red and White as of yesterday.

Sorry guys, did not intend this thread to be about Teasdales, just used them as an example of a dealer who while far from the cheapest new bike deal, have a good reputation for service and to illustrate that the lowest price is not always the best deal so to speak.

out of curiosity ...how much mark-up do you think the dealers get ?

it's not like there is a Guzzi dealer in every county . those that discount , rarely have a good rep.

From what the Guzzi dealers tell me, at the point of sale at least, £9430 would be their cost price on the road, so anything less would lose money for them at that stage. This figure came from three dealers so may well be correct. Having said that, a back end bonus or other registration incentive from the UK importers will change this at the end of the sales quarter so who knows.

Yes brand new, unregistered and on the road so no additonal costs - the dealer only had one premium model in the Red and White as of yesterday.

Sorry guys, did not intend this thread to be about Teasdales, just used them as an example of a dealer who while far from the cheapest new bike deal, have a good reputation for service and to illustrate that the lowest price is not always the best deal so to speak.

How long warranty on these discounted bikes.

I don’t think it would be any different to what is normally on offer.....why would you think it would be ?

Well, just out of interest I called Colchester Kawasaki and asked how long the warrenty is on the V85. I also asked what's the best finance rate they can offer on a PCP. I also asked what their service costs are for first service and 6000mile service.

Their reply was, standard 2 year warrenty. I have a four year warranty on mine, I pointed that some dealers are giving 4 year warrenty. Their reply was, 'it's discretionary to give extended warrenty or discount, but I could have 4 years warranty at a higher purchase price' they did not have this price available.

Their best finance deal on any PCP was 8.9% apr. Mine was purchased at 4.2% It was originally going to be 4.9% but was re-negotiated to 4.2.

They quoted 1st service costs at between £180-£220 they were unable to give a price for 6000mile service as it would depend on what needed doing.

My first service was included in the purchase price, and I was given a solid price for 6000mile service.

My supplying dealer will also pick up and drop off FOC for warrenty and service work. Although they may drop your bike off 5-6 days after picking up for service. They also offer discounted service rates for bikes they've supplied.

I may have only got a £300 discount, but rather than take the centre stand, heated grips, crash bars and spot lights off my P/ex (exactly the same V85) they put new one's on my new bike.

I would do the same today rather than buy a heavily discounted bike from miles away.

Re the warranty issue- I think that from late 2019 bikes had a 4year warranty as standard for a while then dealers cottoned onto the fact they could have a say in this and make extra money by limiting the warranty to the two years. The more honourable dealers passed the free warranty extension onto customers. Anyway, now the standard warranty is 2 years and this has been confirmed when I phoned Piaggio UK importers to ask the question.

Back
Top Bottom