2020 Overtrouser options

I'm not sure armour is very effective if it's not held in place securely in the event of it being needed, roomy overtrousers wont do this.

Fredb51 said:
That's exactly what I've been using, but it's just not quite warm enough over the 200 miles. Hands, body, head, feet are all sorted with the kit I have; I just need to get the leg department sorted. Am taking a look at the ideas offered up here and have some good clues. A lot of the suggestions here are for waterproof overtrousers but of the unlined variety, so they solve the keeping dry issue but not the getting cold one.

I should add that I am particularly averse to getting cold but I can take all the heat that can be thrown at me.

Gerbing do some Cordura trousers with a zip-in heating element. Not imported into the UK at the moment, it would appear. You could try Gerbing UK.

I thought I'd update my original post with the current state of play. I ended up (for now) with a pair of Spidi Thunder H2Out overtrousers.
These are one size up from what I would normally wear, and go on over my lined jeans without too much trouble.
They have decent armour which seems to be well located and stays in place without issue.
Because of the necessary oversize I did end up having one unfortunate event in a supermarket where they slowly slid down past my knees- with helmet in one hand and basket in the other, it was difficult to rectify and must have been quite a sight. So braces are on the way.
The Spidis are warm without being toasty and the waterproofing works fine.
Thanks all for the valuable input.

Because of the necessary oversize I did end up having one unfortunate event in a supermarket where they slowly slid down past my knees- with helmet in one hand and basket in the other, it was difficult to rectify and must have been quite a sight. So braces are on the way.
LOL! I know the feeling!

Back
Top Bottom