Anyone installed 12V socket at the front on 2021 model R1250GS?

bosnjo

Reaction score
I'm waiting for my new R1250GS to arrive.
The bike has 12V port at the back of the bike and USB port at the front. As I already have Garmin Zumo GPS I didn't order the bike with navigation.
My question is, has anyone installed 12V port at the front of the bike and where? I need ideas. I can easily power it running +12V from the connector of the port at the back of the bike.
Garmin Zumo craddle will run only on 12V. I don't want to replace USB Socket as I may need it sometimes for charging my phone (I have RAM Craddle for my phone) when using Google Maps for quick navigation inside the city. But for anything else, I need Garmin Zumo.

Thanks

PS - Sorry if this has been answered already. I searched the forum and couldn't find anything.

AFAIK its an accessory option when you spec the bike

Quite easy to add one just buy an aftermarket kit from one of the many suppliers and and plug it in to one of the spare connectors under the beak

/ head stock area

Thanks for that but my doubt is where to install it on the dash, not how to connect it.
Bike now comes stock with USB at the front and DIN 12V at the rear, beside the seat.

Back
Top Bottom