Webcam advice needed

Martin

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
The webcam on my two year old laptop in very “grainy” and poor quality. I’ve downloaded the available updates, and the picture quality is still poor.
Is there anything else I can do, or do I need to buy myself an external webcam?

The webcam on my two year old laptop in very “grainy” and poor quality. I’ve downloaded the available updates, and the picture quality is still poor.
Is there anything else I can do, or do I need to buy myself an external webcam?

I’ve just switched to an external webcam as the in built one was grainy and I could not adjust it so that the laptop was out of the way ( I use a big monitor and external keyboard).

I went for the Logitech live stream. The quality is very high but can be dialled down. The microphones are good and the auto focus abs brightness adjustment very good. Cheapest place to buy was curry’s.

We needed to do a web cam thing for the covid teams type stuff having never needed one before

The bloke that built our PCs got us one its a
Creative 720 autofocus thingy
It wasnt expensive and it is very good

I cant tell you much more than that

Edit

It ihttps://www.amazon.co.uk/Creative-Live-Cam-Sync-Webcam/dp/B00935Y7SE/ref=sr_1_2?adgrpid=48728094610&dchild=1&gclid=Cj0KCQiAwf39BRCCARIsALXWETxd8WBbqUzBcn5oJthiZsGu9sKvF-3t37gVibdNxuYDxtSvuqWYzBgaAmgrEALw_wcB&hvadid=259076680921&hvdev=c&hvlocphy=1006679&hvnetw=g&hvqmt=e&hvrand=17287888414038080871&hvtargid=kwd-313993262851&hydadcr=4397_1795148&keywords=creative+webcam&qid=1606412286&refinements=p_89%3ACREATIVE&rnid=1632651031&s=computers&sr=1-2&tag=googhydr-21Z

Laptop camera quality is determined by three things: your camera, environment and imaging software you are using. Of course, it wouldn’t be realistic to expect an image quality that is similar to what you see in image software commercials, but you can make your chats and videos look better. There are a few things that you can do to improve your laptop camera quality. Except your imaging software update to recent version, as you already did, as you said, you can adjust your laptop camera video settings. You can adjust the lighting condition and you can soften the light. Also, your background always matters, you should check it. Do not overload your laptop with multiple tasks. If you have a router, set up the quality of service (QoS). Finally, you can always adjust the screen resolution.

Back
Top Bottom