Aux lights

Dave h

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Good morning

I have a GS again after having several GSA versions, mainly to cur down on a bit of weight moving the bike around ,I have lost my auxiliary lights and have no engine bars again to cut down kerbside weight and have X heads fitted to cylinder heads, I do want to put Aux light back on for bit of night time riding but mainly for visible daytime running lights,does anybody have fitted the new Denali D4 set up with controller Gen 2 fitted and can give me feedback if there worth putting on

All the best
Dave:thumby:

Yes I have that set up and yes its worth having on the bike. Lights are fantastic (not cheap) and the ability to configure brightness and flash patterns is very useful.

Hi
Thanks for reply, That sounds good then,Chainspeed doing whole kit for £475 with there 15 percent off at the moment, You can adjust the brightness then which is handy did not know that I was worried about blinding car drivers during the day as well as night, don't think to bad to fit either apparently
Dave

Easy to fit, just spend your time routing the wiring properly. Depending on how bothered you are, you may end up removing a couple of panels.

Hi
Thanks for reply, That sounds good then,Chainspeed doing whole kit for £475 with there 15 percent off at the moment, You can adjust the brightness then which is handy did not know that I was worried about blinding car drivers during the day as well as night, don't think to bad to fit either apparently
Dave

sorry - re-read your post...deleted my comment as not useful :)

I am using pair of these chinese lights:
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Motorcycle-Front-Spotlights-2pcs-10W-LED-Motorcycle-Headlights-Fog-Spot-Lamp/193706316220?hash=item2d19cbd1bc:g:ZtQAAOSwDQdfg8ss
It's the same pair since 2014 when I installed them. Since then, I moved them from bike to bike. At the time of purchase, I ordered one extra pair as a backup but to be honest, since 2014 I'm using the same pair. They have never broke.
The same pair is now ready to go to my new GS with Hex EzCan which is the same unit as Denali Gen2.
I use them for the same purpose you want them for. I have to point their beam way bellow bike's low beam because during a day they are so strong that you blind oncoming driver if they are pointing to his line of sight.
Sure do, Denali lights are excellent but I use this setup to save a lot of money and get the same effect, just what I want.

Dave the d4 set up with the gen two controller is a very good set up . Also you can fit the rear running-brake light . You can see how to install them on you tube (a bike thing video) you don’t have to remove the tank just a couple of panels on the side it’s worth doing to hide all your cables and connect it under your seat. I have this set up on my gs it looks impressive. The quality is excellent and you do get what you pay for

That full kit includes mounting bracket,gen 2 and d4 lights and wiring, already have the horn, just ordered the kit for GS, just to let you know the discount runs out tomorrow :D

Is there a discount code for Chainspeed as it’s showing as £559 for the D4 square kit.

Cheers

Jon

It is an annual promotion, well at least the last 3 years.....just that it's £465 fitted for a GS this year
Not being promoted as 'see and be seen' this year, they may ramp it up but is advertised on some main dealers websites on the service section
Last year some were doing it for under 400

Thanks for al your commentsD,denali kit all ordered now so looking forward to getting it,those Bmw prices were pretty good though, would have been a bargain at £300 fitted

Well after the promotion running since the start of November the BMW logs have finally announced the promo
https://www.bmw-motorrad.co.uk/en/Offers/led-lights.html?cid=bmwDM258606&bid=413136635&tl=eml-nsp-Motorrad%20See%20and%20Be%20Seen%20Email%20Dec20/bmwOP4633-ecrm-mn-.-BMW%20Motorrad%20See%20and%20Be%20Seen%20December%202020/bmwDM258606-0-20201203-.-Brand%20Engagement-.-.#/section-98a04149-section
I priced the parts up online and you are getting the fitting and integration into the dash for free thereabouts

Hi
Phoned my local dealer and yep was given that price, but they also fit quite a few Denali set ups and cannot believe how bright the Denali set up is, so for £475 for the full D4 kit from chain speed I went for that.

Dave

Back
Top Bottom