Vivrio luggage panel removal

Status
Not open for further replies.

MRDDD

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Hi everyone does anybody now how to remove the metal cover panel on the side of the pannier so i can have them power coated also the top box as well ive looked on YouTube but nothing there thanks

Remove the plastic strips covering the edges. This will reveal the fasteners holding the panels on.

I would recommend you don't use an electric screwdriver because the lugs that the screws fasten into are very easy to snap off:augie

Once you remove the end panels, you will find the metal panels are bonded on with a silicone type adhesive. Gentle teasing with something like a steel ruler will free them.

I'd take care, not tried it on the LC ones I have, but on my TU ones, the silicone was dotted around the ali panel also and I didn't manage to get it off nice as it dented where they were.
Would be interested to see if you manage to do it as I'd also like to do something with mine. Why put this ali on a travel box??

An alternative, and which allows them to be taken back to original, is decals.

Attachments

• IMG_2106.JPG
    IMG_2106.JPG
    73.7 KB · Views: 333
That looks great, where did you get those from?

Whilst loads of places do patterned decals I looked hard and low on the internet to find black only decals, and could only find a couple of places that did, neither of them as cheap as pattern decals. So, the ones I have are from signature custom designs and they are (usually) a very pretty penny, especially when you include postage - I almost felt guilty at spending the amount they ask, simply for decals.

However, if you act now they have their decals and protective films on black Friday deals and so at more palatable prices

https://www.signaturecd.com/

Search on Accessories/Side Panniers and Accessories/Top Box – the black versions are on the second page or so. The total cost under the black Friday offer is still a hundred quid for panniers plus top box but, I have to say, they are quality – not only you can work them a long time to ensure they are aligned and that bubbles are removed, but they also have a really nice matt finish. I wasn't disappointed, they almost look molded on. As always, patience gets results (I simply tackled one box and took a break before doing the next - they all came out very well).

And (I've checked), you can also use the 15% discount that Nutty negotiated with the company in conjunction with the Black Friday price – runs until Monday, 30 Nov.

UKGSER

(Thanks Nutty!!)

https://www.ukgser.com/forums/showthread.php/408573-UKGSER-discount-at-Signature-Custom-Designs

To add, their customer service seems quite good. I was concerned that one of the decals had a crease in when I got it, so dropped them a note - they responded almost straightaway explaining that it would come out when you rub your fingers over the decal but if a problem then to let them know. I found the best way was simply to use my fingers, not a protective film tool, as this did the job and ensured no damage to the film. You have to bear in mind that they are simply decals, and so they have to be treated with some care still - in this, they cannot match the alternative of powder coating.

Yes, that's the only other place I saw doing this kind of thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom