Lifting a GS with easy rizer big blue.

Jes1206

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Went to lift the bike for the first time today using the foot rest brackets on the big blue lift. Probably a silly question but do you have to remove the sump plate? It looks as though the brackets between the plate and casing won’t be strong enough. Any advice welcome. Thanks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Using a hydraulic arm to lift a GS Bike

I’ve only had limited experience of having my bike lifted onto a truck using a lifting arm. However, it can be done safely but the exact points to use to put the web straps are best advised by either the company doing the lifting or possibly check with a good BMW dealer.
I would expect the straps would go around a pallet base with the bike strapped to the pallet separately.
Robert

Went to lift the bike for the first time today using the foot rest brackets on the big blue lift. Probably a silly question but do you have to remove the sump plate? It looks as though the brackets between the plate and casing won’t be strong enough. Any advice welcome. Thanks.

Hi, did you search youtube for info?
Bf.

Sent from my CLT-L09 using Tapatalk

Yes, nothing specific on there. Contacted Quasar and they wouldn’t commit to an answer. The problem is that with the plate removed, the only place for the lift to go on the casing is not a flat area.

Ok. After some more digging, I’ve found a photo of a GS in the air with the sump plate still on but using the beam mounts instead of the foot rest kit. Off to the garage now to try it. Fingers crossed.

Correct...silly question.:D

Loosely fix the footrest brackets to the rear beam, position the Eazy rizer under the bike until the main, lower part of the footrest brackets are just touching the underside of the footrests themselves. Hook the brackets that go over the footrests and tighten them onto the main, lower part of the brackets and then tighten the footrest brackets to the beam.

Then lift away. :thumby:

Back
Top Bottom