TFT screen Anti theft brace now available

Mark Hooton

Cymarcbikeparts
UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Guys, massive thanks to the 850 riders who have helped (I don’t have one!) and I’m pleased to say that I’ve come up with a solution which should make the screen much harder to simply ‘pull out’.

Remember - if they want it they will get it but this solution at least stops the screen from simply being ripped out.

We’ve got a good amount already in production (NN has already ordered 30) so if you want one then just let us know eh!

Ride safe and thanks to all those who have helped (you know who you are).

https://www.cymarcbikeparts.co.uk/f850gsa-tft-screen-anti-theft-brace-1227-p.asp

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I can confirm that it is an easy fit! I volunteered my F850 GSA as a guinea pig to Mark at Cymarc a couple of weeks ago. I was privileged to have a grand stand seat whilst he developed and laser cut a prototype for my machine. I'd not met Mark or his team previously. I had an insightful visit to his factory and enjoyed the day.

The finished product, beautifully powder coated and branded, arrived today and took me about 40 minutes to fit, I might have been quicker had it not been freezing cold today. The instructions are easy to follow and include pictures. If I can do it then you'd have to be pretty mechanically challenged to find that this is beyond you.

The pictures in the Cymarc link above are from my bike.

Given the disruption it would cause to have a TFT stolen whilst out on tour, this seems to be a worthwhile addition to the list of things to do to improve the bike.

Neil

Last edited:
Kind words thank you fella and once again massive thanks for a (mere) couple of hours access to your lovely bike :)

I know you were kind enough to hang around for however long it took but I wanted to turn the job round quickly to get you in your way home.

I look forward to the next visit to the factory!

Will you be looking to make similar anti theft braces for other models as they come along. I should image the massive TFT being launched with the new RT will be very attractive to thieves.

Hi thanks for the post - I’ve already done designed for the R1250 and just lately the F900XR but the problem is getting hold of the bikes to design stuff around.

Thankfully the goodly folk on this forum are always very helpful but it’s still not easy as I’m trying to do, very quickly, what it takes giants like, for instance touratech, months to do!

I feel for the lads who have got the R1250R and the F900R as there seems sod all to anchor anything too!
3ecf7e349ba66d8f7e43dfbd2b0b332c.jpg

Here’s the latest F900XR design image.

Hi Mark having seen this from an idea, through to a working prototype, now to production has been amazing many thanks for the finished product.

I can confirm that it is an easy fit! I volunteered my F850 GSA as a guinea pig to Mark at Cymarc a couple of weeks ago. I was privileged to have a grand stand seat whilst he developed and laser cut a prototype for my machine. I'd not met Mark or his team previously. I had an insightful visit to his factory and enjoyed the day.

The finished product, beautifully powder coated and branded, arrived today and took me about 40 minutes to fit, I might have been quicker had it not been freezing cold today. The instructions are easy to follow and include pictures. If I can do it then you'd have to be pretty mechanically challenged to find that this is beyond you.

The pictures in the Cymarc link above are from my bike.

Given the disruption it would cause to have a TFT stolen whilst out on tour, this seems to be a worthwhile addition to the list of things to do to improve the bike.

Neil

Thanks for that.
My TFT has a screen protector fitted - would this affect the fitting would you think?

It didn’t effect mine there is rubber on the frame to protect the screen.

Thanks for that.
My TFT has a screen protector fitted - would this affect the fitting would you think?

Sorry for the late response. Mine has a screen protector and it fitted no problem.

Hello everyone, I have a (probably stupid) question: can it fit the f750gs with it's original windshield?

Thank you :]

Guys, massive thanks to the 850 riders who have helped (I don’t have one!) and I’m pleased to say that I’ve come up with a solution which should make the screen much harder to simply ‘pull out’.

Remember - if they want it they will get it but this solution at least stops the screen from simply being ripped out.

We’ve got a good amount already in production (NN has already ordered 30) so if you want one then just let us know eh!

Ride safe and thanks to all those who have helped (you know who you are).

https://www.cymarcbikeparts.co.uk/f850gsa-tft-screen-anti-theft-brace-1227-p.asp

the web site suggests the F850gs adventure model only, am I missing some thing or will it fit the standard F850gs.

I checked with them last week and they confirmed that the 850GSA will not fit the 750. I don't know just what the difference in the cockpit area would be!

Back
Top Bottom