What have I got

daytripper!

Reaction score
Does anybody happen to know how to access the spec of a Windows10 based Lenovo IdeaPad5, ie how do i find out which generation chip, what the graphics card is, etc etc etc, as there is apparently no paperwork. FYI its supposed to be i7, 16Gb RAM & 512Gb SSD and cost £750 new. Presumably the spec is listed by clicking on 'properties' or something, somewhere :nenau Thanks DT

Have you tried going to manufacturers website and enter serial number. Dell used to give you all the specs and drivers related to its asset number

Sent from my G8441 using Tapatalk

Press "windows" key and "X"

Sent from my Redmi Note 8T using Tapatalk

The information is there, nad quite a few different ways to get different info.

A simple way to get to a lot of the info is to use the command msinfo32

Either put that in the search field, and select the top record System App, click that.

Or right click the windows icon (or windows and X), and select run and paste that there.

Let us know how that goes.

can't you get the info by going into device manager and then into system ?

Yes they can, but I think the point is they were unaware they could or how, try the msinfo route, it has good info about the processor, and if you click through the components, what the individual discrete components are.

If don't see a graphics card, it is likely you computer does not have a separate card, but uses the graphics integrated into the processor. Intel do chips with inbuilt graphics and without, even when it has it inbuilt (which is most common for consumer chips) you can still have a separate card as well.

A quick right click on the windows icon and select settings wil tell you about the processor and memory. There is other mother detailed info ifo scroll down that info on the right and choose System Settings.

As I say, lots of info. Don't worry if you are unsure, give it a go and come back here for more advice.

Silly question, is the a label on the underside with information on it, maybe a number beginning p/n ?

Morning gents! Ta for all the pointers on how to find out spec of a laptop with no paperwork or p/n number; I have listed the info now found below. Apparently the CPU designation G7 means it has uprated built-in graphics so presumably no separate graphics card, this suggests running Premier Pro/Rush is not an option as the SYSTEM REQUIREMENTS tab on PPro/R website lists the separate graphics cards required to run that software. Great shame as the 16Gb ram, 500gb ssd and the laptop screen would cope with HD video-editing. Maybe Davinci Resolve or Lightworks do not need a separate graphics card?
I’ll ask my daughter about her going down the Apple route. Is there a specific episode where Itchy Boots (or similar!) lists the vlogging equipment used or how done?? Cheers all, DT.

On case info is-
Model Name: IdeaPad5 15ITL05 MO: PF6XB0B13221 MTM: B2FGCTO1WW

On screen info is-
Device Spec: Name 88NIETQJ, i7-1165G7 @ 2.8GHz 2.8GHz, 16GB
Device ID: D2328E6B-E7D2-43D0-8634-10B3725A96DA
Product ID: 00325-96734-09243-aaoem
Sys type:64-bit

Back
Top Bottom