NEW GOLDWING GOING BACK :-(

This little drama is now over. I've received a refund for mine and suggest strongly that those who have a Wing get the cylinder heads 9H ceramic coated ASAP.

This little drama is now over. I've received a refund for mine and suggest strongly that those who have a Wing get the cylinder heads 9H ceramic coated ASAP.

Good ..... but if the problem is the adherence of the paint / primer / whatever, to the base metal - how is doing something over the top of the paint going to help ?? (or have I miss-understood what ceramic coating is about ??)

Good ..... but if the problem is the adherence of the paint / primer / whatever, to the base metal - how is doing something over the top of the paint going to help ?? (or have I miss-understood what ceramic coating is about ??)

erm, that's a question I have to ?

While the paint is in good condition, treat the finish with a 9H ceramic coating. You'll barely need to touch it when washing as the water beads off, dirt more easily removed. It's a very thin very hard coating. My 2017 1290 adv was done by me when new and the water bounces off the engine to this day, 10k miles.

Of course it won't deal with poor paint adhesion, but why not give it a helping hand by requiring less intense cleaning.

I'm watching with interest to see how the bike in the video above gets sorted. His bike looks awful. More than a few will no doubt be crossing fingers.

My advice - ceramic coating.

Or get the legendary Honda quality sorted. You shouldn't have to coat anything to protect your paint. BMW suffered with corrosion, looks like Honda are using the same paint shop :)

Glad it’s all over and you got your money back. :thumb :beerjug:

Thanks. Me too!

Thinking of getting six of these instead

7dfda4683c7874bf72cda6177f562674.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks. Me too!

Thinking of getting six of these instead

7dfda4683c7874bf72cda6177f562674.jpg

I'd like one of those.

You're welcome to try my Monkey, Grom or 390 Duke if you'd like to.

They always put a smile on my face

The question is, what are you going to get next, Apex?

I don't actually have a burning need for a new steed. But if Covid allows I would like to try the new Multi and the new 1290adv if it arrives.

Like most of you I'm a bit desperate for a trip or two, but without that on the horizon it kind of mutes the joy of bikes a bit. Now, if we could just reach a bi-latteral with Spain I'm sure that joy would return quite quickly

That bloke is selling those Honda trails for €6000!! Whaaat! That's mad. Means you can only buy 5 of them for one Goldwing.

Back
Top Bottom