Early CARC models

wrinkleyowlie

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Just a heads up for anyone with an early CARC model. My recently acquired 1200 sport 2009 is my 4th older CARC model Guzzi. Despite it having a complete service history and in lovely condition, the swing arm gaiter was split slightly under underneath.
Having owned 3 previous early models, I thought it would be a good idea to check the swing arm bearings. Low and behold as every other one I've owned, the bearings were very rusty with little grease apparent.
Happy to do it myself, dealer happy to supply bearings and gaiter.

So, if you've a similar bike, check those bearings.

they are greased at the factory ( they wave a paint brush near them ) make sure the little seals are in the right way round too.

Just a heads up for anyone with an early CARC model. My recently acquired 1200 sport 2009 is my 4th older CARC model Guzzi. Despite it having a complete service history and in lovely condition, the swing arm gaiter was split slightly under underneath.
Having owned 3 previous early models, I thought it would be a good idea to check the swing arm bearings. Low and behold as every other one I've owned, the bearings were very rusty with little grease apparent.
Happy to do it myself, dealer happy to supply bearings and gaiter.

So, if you've a similar bike, check those bearings.
Thanks for the tip. Something else to add to the checklist

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom