Looking for an R1200RS

Status
Not open for further replies.
Looks a nice example.

I went to the same dealer at the end of March to look at an even lower mileage R1200RS, and the dealer had been using it to ride home on regularly.

When I enquired how far away he lived, it was half a mile!

The bike hadn't been cleaned very well, and I was told they don't valet the bikes. The engine sounded rattly so I walked away.

You might have better luck.

Seems a good price though..........

https://www.r1200rsforum.com/ is an RS specific forum - not many bikes come up for sale but put a post on there and maybe someone changing their bike might sell one to you rather than part exchanging. Quite a few are changing from 1200 to 1250.

Looks a nice example.

I went to the same dealer at the end of March to look at an even lower mileage R1200RS, and the dealer had been using it to ride home on regularly.

When I enquired how far away he lived, it was half a mile!

The bike hadn't been cleaned very well, and I was told they don't valet the bikes. The engine sounded rattly so I walked away.

You might have better luck.

Seems a good price though..........

Thanks for the info, trouble is they are a 250 mile round trip for me. I have no problem doing that but it’s annoying if the bike has issues or not as described. Interestingly that’s the second bike with this engine that I’ve heard described as rattly, (when warm) the first one was a “they all do that sir” , is it common/normal?

Motorcycle Mart Kidderminster has one that may be worth a look.
Has some good extras on and low mileage.
They're a Yamaha main agent and have a good reputation locally.

I'm sure they don't all sound like the one I described. That was 300 mile round trip for me, by the way.

Just before that I went up to Liverpool to look at one, and missed it by 2 hours. The owner let me fire it up, and it was sweet as a nut, and I would have
definitely had it.

There are plenty out there, if you are prepared to travel.

Good luck.......

Plenty out there but not such a common bike ,so you will have to be prepared to travel

Thanks for the leads chaps, following them up and looking at lots on eBay etc, I have no problem travelling to view, just get a bit rattled when they are blatantly not as described, or have issues. The search is in full swing!.

A pal has bought 2 bikes from Lincolnshire m/c, unseen and he delivered them. He was v happy with the bikes and dealing with the guy. That RS does look nice. Good hunting.

I got my scrambler from Lincolnshire mc.

Brilliant service and the bike was absolutely immaculate.

I would recommend them very strongly.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rs

I will give him a call and get some info, but from memory I think it is a 2016, lupus blue, with only 2300 miles ish, it has all the toys apart from luggage.

RS

Hi Chris

Just spoken to my mate, it’s an November 2015 SE sport with 3000 miles three stamps in the book all BMW. Last serviced this year. It has a brand new v stream tinted screen that he would let go with it. £ 7750
Let me know what you think.
Brian

Hi Chris

Just spoken to my mate, it’s an November 2015 SE sport with 3000 miles three stamps in the book all BMW. Last serviced this year. It has a brand new v stream tinted screen that he would let go with it. £ 7750
Let me know what you think.
Brian
Pm sent

2016 R1200RS For sale

Hi
I’ve just read your thread and have decided to sell my 2016 R1200RS in Lupin blue.
It’s excellent with loads of extras fitted with just over 1,800 miles on the clock.

I have issues with my knee and am waiting for an operation hence the sole reason for selling.

If you’re still looking please pm and I will sort more details and photos. I too would let her go for £7,750.00

Kind regards

Shaun

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom