Is there a Harley that's "just right" as it comes out of the crate?

It won't be delivered until early next year, but I found a lightly used Road King Special where the first owner had spent the money to do the things that I'd want to do.

It's wider than my Triumph.

Post a pic....
a1242bd5d6bb2b5883e8af0328761490.jpg

Good man, looks just like mine :thumb2

Except mines not kept in a hermetically sealed white room that looks more like an operating theatre than a garage! :eek:
Don't worry, when it's in my garage rather than the dealers photo booth it'll be wedged in surrounded by piles of clutter.

Apparently it's coming with all the take-off parts (exhaust system, filter, headlight, engine bars, handlebars etc) which I'm told totals 3 large boxes. That'll make the situation even worse

Don't worry, when it's in my garage rather than the dealers photo booth it'll be wedged in surrounded by piles of clutter.

Apparently it's coming with all the take-off parts (exhaust system, filter, headlight, engine bars, handlebars etc) which I'm told totals 3 large boxes. That'll make the situation even worse

Ah yes, the biggest problem I had wasn't trying to squeeze the RKS between the Husky and the KTM, but rather where the feck to put the enormous boxes of OE stuff that came with it :blast

Good man, looks just like mine :thumb2

Except mines not kept in a hermetically sealed white room that looks more like an operating theatre than a garage! :eek:

That is perfect.... good find..

Ah yes, the biggest problem I had wasn't trying to squeeze the RKS between the Husky and the KTM, but rather where the feck to put the enormous boxes of OE stuff that came with it :blast
It doesn't help that I've still got take off stuff in my garage from my previous Harley, which it seems I sold 15 years ago.

It doesn't help that I've still got take off stuff in my garage from my previous Harley, which it seems I sold 15 years ago.

I raised over £600 this year selling all the stuff I unbolted.... some of it just fit for the dump...

I raised over £600 this year selling all the stuff I unbolted.... some of it just fit for the dump...

Well, that gives me some hope, though I doubt whether standard Sportster exhausts, shocks and a fork leg will make me a fortune. I think I'll be too embarrassed to list the "Live to ride, ride to live" rubbish that came off as soon as I got home from the dealership (the previous owners tassels were removed with a stanley knife before I rode off). I think I might also have a set of 1200S coils too.

Well, that gives me some hope, though I doubt whether standard Sportster exhausts, shocks and a fork leg will make me a fortune. I think I'll be too embarrassed to list the "Live to ride, ride to live" rubbish that came off as soon as I got home from the dealership (the previous owners tassels were removed with a stanley knife before I rode off). I think I might also have a set of 1200S coils too.

I sold all those things and more........

The live to ride stuff fetched great money...got over £30 for a L2R timing cover..... and the original HD stuff is very highly sort after....

I had four stock indicators....with the wires cut flush - needed rewiring etc.... got over £40....

Anything Harley sells...... bin nothing.

I sold all those things and more........

The live to ride stuff fetched great money...got over £30 for a L2R timing cover..... and the original HD stuff is very highly sort after....

I had four stock indicators....with the wires cut flush - needed rewiring etc.... got over £40....

I'm off to the garage...

Anything Harley sells...... bin nothing.

I recall the stock 883 barrels, pistons, heads, cams and carb didn't fetch much and cost a fortune to post.

Oh, the workshop manual and parts book might do well.

Just realised that I might get to open the drawer marked "Imperial" on my tool chest again!

Where did you sell it all as I've got loads (including an original (but used) set of front forks for a '93 Heritage [my wife now runs upside -down forks instead].

Where did you sell it all as I've got loads (including an original (but used) set of front forks for a '93 Heritage [my wife now runs upside -down forks instead].

All on eBay....stuff went all over as well.... Portugal, Italy, Spain......

You get a code.. send it to the Global Shipping centre at uk rates - job done

Back
Top Bottom