A tyre question

g.s.john

Getting old aint fer pussies
UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
I have a 20 plate T7 on OEM Pirelli scorpions i find the front a bit skittish on cross banding/ thick white lines anyone recommend an alternative tyre also can i fit tubeless tyres with tubes?

My mate has put a set of Motoz on his. Can't remember which one but something 50/50 ish.

I've found it helps with slightly reduced pressure in the tyres and also gets rid of the slight twitch between vertical and leant over, when tipping it into a corner.

I find the tyres stable in the corners in the wet and heavy braking i'll try 2PSI out of each tyre.

Worth a try. Mine were about 4psi below the recommended pressure.
I'm amazed how good the standard tyres are in the corners, the only issue I had was that slight initial movement when moving from the vertical.
It was the same with Anakee Wilds on my 310gs. Perfectly fine once you get it leaned over. The dealer service guy picked up my 310 one day as he lives in the same village, took it to be serviced and returned it. It's quite a twisty little route...he was horrified at the handling on the Wilds mainly due to that feeling in the corners.:D

There’s some dodgy OEM fronts on some of the bikes that have a wobble and feel terrible unless you run high pressures (34-36), i had to have a new one fitted.

Back
Top Bottom