Motorcycle lift

A heavy bike like an RT would be better off on a proper table type lift

A heavy bike like an RT would be better off on a proper table type lift

Why, these lifts are made for the purpose ? I use a single post Eazyrizer for my HD and it’s fine. My only query would be the availability of suitable lifting points under an RT but this type of lift is configurable for most machines.

These style of lifts need a solid connection with the bottom frame rails - can you do that on an RT without removing half the fairing -they also restrict access to one side .... meaning you need to "pick" the side you want to work on?/

Why, these lifts are made for the purpose ? I use a single post Eazyrizer for my HD and it’s fine. My only query would be the availability of suitable lifting points under an RT but this type of lift is configurable for most machines.

There ya go. Answered your own question.

Flat ramp type bench is "better" especially if working at a "Boxer" engine

A proper ramp will leave you with 360 access I guess that is why workshops use a ramp and not Easy lifts ;)

Thank you for the input.

I think on reflection a table lift would be better, 360 degree access, no need to undress the bike to support it. So I'll start looking out for a 2nd hand table lift :)

Get a bench lift if you have the space like this one:thumb2

Attachments

• Sealey.jpg
    Sealey.jpg
    141.9 KB · Views: 390
There's an alternative to the CML3 in the shape of the Biketec - which is slightly shorter and slightly narrower - better proportioned I think, but I haven't been able to find any reviews.

Cheaper overall too:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/p/19033159057?iid=164079421371

The 2nd hand CML3's on ebay go for silly money - better to spend that bit more and go new.

Back
Top Bottom